PDA

View Full Version : Haba or Holtzinger??

jgenie
11-26-2008, 08:18 AM
If you have or have had both, which do you prefer? Why?
TIA

ett
11-26-2008, 08:28 AM
What are you trying to compare? Holztiger makes wooden animals, but Haba doesn't make anything equivalent. Th.at said, we have both and are all very good quality

jgenie
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
They both make a nativity set - wondering if one would hold up better than the other.

1964pandora
11-26-2008, 10:48 AM
They both make a nativity set - wondering if one would hold up better than the other.

Sorry, I don't have both. I just ordered the Haba nativity and haven't received it yet. I did a search for "nativity" in this forum and came up with many discussions about Holtizinger, Haba and other nativity sets. I read that Haba holds up very well with kid use. After reading all of the comments, I chose Haba. Plus, the price difference between a Haba nativity and a Holtzinger navity is HUGE. I may buy one piece of Holtzinger per year, per child so that they each end up with their own Holtzinger nativity. You also might want to check out Ostheimer.

Susan

hillview
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
We have the Holtzinger set and really like it.
/hillary

jgenie
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
We have the Holtzinger set and really like it.
/hillary

Thanks for the replies - I guess I just need to make a decision.

Hillary,
Have you had the Holtz. long?
Thanks

hillview
11-26-2008, 02:43 PM
We got the set last christmas. We used it for about a month and then put it away. It held up well but hasn't been aggressively played with for a long period of time. It does look REALLY well made. I would expect the same from Haba. For us the big reason was that we could add a lot more to it -- plan to put an animal into stocking every year.
HTH
/hillary