PDA

View Full Version : favorite cake/cookie decorating set??

lizajane
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
i need to replace my decorating tips and bags. i want to get a pretty nice set. i do elaborate cakes and cookies and find it really fun. ideas???

egoldber
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Why do you need to replace your tips? If you have the metal Wilton tips, they last forever. If you don't then those are the ones to buy. ;) Michaels sells sets of the tips in various sizes and you can use the 40% off coupons.

lizajane
11-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Why do you need to replace your tips? If you have the metal Wilton tips, they last forever. If you don't then those are the ones to buy. ;) Michaels sells sets of the tips in various sizes and you can use the 40% off coupons.

i have some rusted ones, some bent ones, some that don't match the pastry bag i have... and MANY that just got lost. the wilton ones i have held up great! but many have just disappeared. thanks!

sarahsthreads
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
i have some rusted ones, some bent ones, some that don't match the pastry bag i have... and MANY that just got lost. the wilton ones i have held up great! but many have just disappeared. thanks!
Ditto the Wilton recommendation. I love their plastic couplers and disposable pastry bags as well. I got one of their tip sets with the 40% coupon, and have added on as needed. (I seem to have to replace my big cupcake/open star decorating tip a lot because it's too big to fit in the tip case, so it disappears frequently. I also can never seem to get it clean after using it to fill deviled eggs. Sigh.)

Sarah :)

trentsmom
11-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm really happy with my Wilton ones. My mom gave me her old set, and those tips are about 38 years old! I've mixed them in with mine, and they are hard to tell apart.