PDA

View Full Version : Do bigger kids trip in their sleepsacks?

elektra
11-26-2008, 02:16 PM
DD is having a rash problem that I think may have been brought on by a fleece sleeper. I want to try something cotton that isn't too overheating.
We used to use the halo sleep sacks (both cotton and fleece) when DD was younger.
However, I switched to the fleece sleepers when DD was able to stand up and walk because I was afraid that as she tried to walk around in her crib, she would trip and land mouth first on the edge of her thick crib rail.
Is this something that I shouldn't worry about?

Melaine
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't really think it's a problem. I mean, my kiddos have been wearing them since 2 or 3 months old (now they are two). They fall pretty often regardless of what they are wearing, ykwim? They can run around the house just fine in their sleep sacks, and I've never really seen them fall in their cribs.
Have you seen the Halo Big Kid sacks? I haven't seen them IRL but I would think your daughter would probably fit in the 2T/3T size and they are supposedly coming out with a "lightweight" fabric soon https://www.halosleep.com/products/detail/11/big_kids_sleepsack_wearable_blanket/36/micro-fleece_big_kids_sleepsack_wearable_blanket_/

We love our sleep sacks, one of my favorite products.

mikeys_mom
11-26-2008, 02:36 PM
My DD is almost 2 and she still sleeps in her halo sleep sack. I've never had a concern about her tripping in her crib. She can walk in the sleep sack both in and out of the crib. It's actually more of a shuffle, but she can certainly get around without hurting herself.

hillview
11-26-2008, 02:38 PM
My 15 month uses the halo toddler sleep sack with leg holes. Works well -- he falls but not b/c of the sleep sack but b/c he is an adventurer.
/hillary

WatchingThemGrow
11-26-2008, 02:49 PM
We have the 18-24 fleece Halo, a 2-3T Halo with foot holes (gotta make sure the feet are well-covered as they pop out sometimes), and a Grobag. All have been fine, although we're currently loving the Grobag most b/c of the side zipper. DD has chewed up the zippers on the Halo bags, and I need to sew new ones in.

We really try to emphasize that when she's wearing them, she stays in bed. Sometimes that works. I think the best thing someone said about walking in a sleepsack was to think about the baby on The Simpson's.

ett
11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Both DS's have had no problems walking in their sleepsacks.

maydaymommy
11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
18 (almost 19) month old DS has been doing all sorts of silly looking things in the sleep sack all along -- sitting, scooting, crawling, walking, running. No problems.

For some reason, I also really enjoy telling him that we have to get him in the bag. Sounds like something you could get at Bed, Bath, & Beyond -- Baby in a Bag! :)

Melaine
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
By the way, if you DC starts to unzip their sleep sack, turning it backwards slows them down a little!

Melaine
11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
WatchingThemGrow, is there are place to buy the GroBags in the US?

MontrealMum
11-26-2008, 11:00 PM
For some reason, I also really enjoy telling him that we have to get him in the bag. Sounds like something you could get at Bed, Bath, & Beyond -- Baby in a Bag! :)
We call DS baby-in-a-bag all the time :)

He's been walking for nearly 7 months now and has no trouble at all walking in his sleepsack (we have several different brands including the Halo cotton ones). One night I was having trouble juggling everything and I put him down on the floor and walked across the room, I looked down and suddenly he was right next to me! I joke to DH that he's going to take all sorts of prizes in those sack races at fairs when he's older!

WatchingThemGrow
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
By the way, if you DC starts to unzip their sleep sack, turning it backwards slows them down a little!

Ah!!! I can't believe it would've been that easy!@! Ok, that's what we'll try. She'll be so screaming mad. I can't wait!!!

WatchingThemGrow
11-26-2008, 11:20 PM
WatchingThemGrow, is there are place to buy the GroBags in the US?

I think I did find a distributor online - maybe a few, but I wanted to see them in person, so I found one in Raleigh. I never actually went to see them or ordered one, but....I found some on Craigslist, of course, for $20!

There are several on ebay.

mom2binsd
11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
My 2 1/2 year old walks in his just fine (and his is on backwards to prevent him from undoing it and taking off his diaper). No problem with movement, in fact he was able to get out of the crib wearing it (now we have a crib tent). When we get him up in the morning it feels like we're peeling back the layers! But hey, he sleeps great and is warm and cozy. I like the regular style as his feet stay in the sack. He wears a XL and is about 37 inches tall.