PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best plane seats for travelling with a 10 month old?

edurnemk
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
We're going to be travelling with our 10-month old over the Holidays, but I will stay longer at our destination with my family, so I will be flying back alone with our son.
I'm just booking our return flight and I was wondering if it's better to get bulkhead seats (first row, more floor space to play in during the flight, but the armrest cannot be lifted) or the second row where the armrest can be lifted and my son could maybe lay down for a nap if we get a row with empty seats. Any tips?

deannanb
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
do you have a seat for him, or is he sitting on your lap?

i would try for the back of the plane -

Clarity
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
The bulkhead. The exta space is so nice. The only downside is that all your bags have to be stored overhead.

arivecchi
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Children are not allowed on bulkhead seats if they are also the emergency exits. I prefer the back seat. Close to the bathroom and you don't get as many stares if your child cries.

edurnemk
12-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the tips. In this flight the bulkhead seats are not emergency exits, so no problem there.
I did reserve the bulkhead, since he's been really good in previous flights (6 months or younger) as ong as he's entertained. I think the extra space in the bulkhead will be good for that purpose, especially since he can't sit still now!
Personally, I don't mind the stares, if they don't like it it's their problem! LOL
It's a 4 hour flight, so I hope I won't miss having the bathroom near by.

shburks
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
We did bulkhead once with our ds and I will never do it again. There was nowhere to put our bags, so even though there was more room on the floor, there wasn't any place to put the bags with the toys, etc. The FAs were not too keen on children just playing willy-nilly there either when they constantly ask you to stay in your seat with the seatbelt buckled. If you end up in turbulence, you're stuck in your seat anyway!

bubbaray
12-17-2008, 11:42 PM
NOT the bulkhead -- you can't have any items out during takeoff/landing or turbulence. If your whole flight is turbulence, you won't have access to your carryon items, diapers, etc and you won't be able to get out of your seat to get them from the overhead compartment.

We prefer not the very back of the plane but closer to the back than the front.

Have you checked out seatguru.com for the seating configuration for your airline and the specific type of aircraft designated for your flight??