PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Elite v City Mini 2008

LAMom
11-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Is the City Elite worth the extra money? We are looking at the 2008 versions of both, as they are on slight sales now.

I understand the primary differences are
1. City Elite is bigger- and heavier. But also might fit a child longer. A saleswoman said kids outgrow the Mini at 2.5-3 years, but fit into Elite for 4 years.
2. CE has a parent console, for the CM we need to buy it as an extra
3. CE has a foot rest

We have a 4 month old now in the Graco/SnapNGo and were looking for a stroller to transition him into. Primarily used for walking around neighborhood with some rough sidewalks and going to stores.

We loved both of those in the store- the ride, the compact fold and the canopy (live in LA where it is very important to have sun protection)

Or is it worth it to bite the bullet and get the 2009 versions? Or another one altogether?

BeachBum
11-27-2008, 03:53 PM
humm....I thought the big difference was that the Elite has air tires and the mini does not.

WatchingThemGrow
11-27-2008, 04:19 PM
We love our Elite Double. Love it.

As for the single, the differences that I know of between it and the Mini -
-air tires (huge difference in ride/pushing IMO)
-2009 has suspension (only thing 2008 was lacking)
-extendable leg rest which gives the little ones more comfort when sleeping (also easy access to toys in the basket)
-adjustable handlebar on the Elite
-parent console makes the hugest difference in my life- having a place for my water, keys, cellphone

The Mini appears to be great too, but for bumpy roads/sidewalks, air tires are really nice. For the occasional outdoor walk, but mainly smooth sidewalks and indoors, the Mini would probably be fine.

LAMom
11-27-2008, 06:03 PM
humm....I thought the big difference was that the Elite has air tires and the mini does not.

You are right! I forgot...:duh: