PDA

View Full Version : American Express Wishlist

supercalifragilous
11-27-2008, 03:10 PM
When does this start? I thought it happened earlier in the month of December...

wzly
11-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Dec. 1st-18th...Some wish certificates have been going on MWF thru November...

Here's a link:
http://www.amexnetwork.com/

(See previous post from a few weeks ago for more details on how it works...)

:) Jen

shancam
12-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Just "won" a 25% off coupon at amazon!!!

spanannie
12-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Just "won" a 25% off coupon at amazon!!!

Oh, I'm jealous! I just spent 15 min. trying to win that myself . . . with no success! Everything for my kids' Christmas is in my Amazon cart, so that would be a huge help for me! Guess I'll try again on the 4th! I won one 2 years ago and it was great.

kellij
12-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I tried forever on the amazon too, yesterday and today. No luck.

schrocat
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I won the amazon coupon too but I haven't gotten an email yet about it.

wzly
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I won the Amazon coupon at 11 today! Yippee! Keep trying...I think as the days go on it will get easier...I got my e-mail confirmation within minutes...

schrocat
12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I won the Amazon coupon at 11 today! Yippee! Keep trying...I think as the days go on it will get easier...I got my e-mail confirmation within minutes...

Have they sent out the promo code via email yet? I typed in the wrong email address and got it sorted out with the amex wishlist people on the phone but I still haven't gotten any emails yet.

Keep trying, I didn't get it immediately but I got it after a few minutes when I was talking on the phone to DH telling him how we didn't win the wish certificate. Sometimes people don't get to finish the transaction in time and the wish certificate becomes available again.

the2bobs
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder, we had forgotten about this--it doesn't look as good as last year though.

Suebell
12-03-2008, 06:45 PM
How long are the Amazon codes good for? I don't want to stalk the site if it has to be used before Christmas (we are a tad broke). Also, does it have to be used in conjunction with your Amex on the purchase? TIA.

citymama
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I must have been sleeping - what is this wishlist? I'm an Amex user and would love to know!

ETA will search previous threads since I obviously missed something!

wzly
12-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I got the code right away and the Amazon one is good through Jan. 15th. There must be a limit on it, but I haven't found it in any small print...The last time we "won" one of these a few years ago we bought a generator (big sale) for the house and the coupon maxed out at $250.

The stuff and wish certificates don't seem as great this year...

I got another wish certificate for Borders today...Spend $60 and get a $15 statement credit a few days later...

You have to use the card that you win with to make the purchase...

My husband and I have one account, but each of our cards has a different number...So if I win, I need to use my card...(vs. him going to Borders today to make a purchase on his card...)

The Dell laptops are $499, but if you go to the Dell outlet and buy a refurbished one, you can meet/beat that price depending on inventory PLUS get money back through Ebates or points at MyPoints...

Here's another link to the wish stuff:

http://www.amexnetwork.com/wish

Amazon is at 2 pm tomorrow...

citymama
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Here's another link to the wish stuff:

http://www.amexnetwork.com/wish

Amazon is at 2 pm tomorrow...

Thanks for the link. I read all the FAQs, but I still don't understand whether you need to buy something like a 25% off Amazon.com or $15 off Borders, or whether it's free for eligible card members? Or do you use your Amex points to purchase the discounts?

Suebell
12-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks so much for all the great info. I'm so glad you posted about using the same card you win with - that's really good to know. I'll be watching tomorrow for the amazon code & hope for the best. :)

Ceepa
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the link. I read all the FAQs, but I still don't understand whether you need to buy something like a 25% off Amazon.com or $15 off Borders, or whether it's free for eligible card members? Or do you use your Amex points to purchase the discounts?

You have to win the GCs.

momofjandl
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Darn wishlist! How long do you guys try for? Does it say when it's out right away?

I'm trying for amazon and it says they may be in others carts...but it's 2:15. I don't want to sit here all day! ;)

eta never mind..it says sold out at 2:21. :(

veronica
12-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooo mad at DH. I was trying over and over, got one and then it went to default Google page. He set our cookies too strict and I could hit the back button and see that I won one but it kept going to the google search page almost immediately. By the time I reset our internet security, I lost it and it was sold out. And, I have a huge cart of stuff at amazon that i have been eyeing.

Well-hubby will be taking care of the kids on the 8th at 6pm when amazon is back on!!!!!!!!!!

bokicat
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
AARGHH!!! Veronica, i feel for you!! must be so frustrating, to have it in hand, and then to have it snatched from you.

i didn't have any luck at all with the wishlist. never even made it into my cart. And i also have some expensive items i want to buy (ie. crib, glider, etc. over $600 worth of stuff, so 25% off would make a huge difference)

Ceepa
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
AARGHH!!! Veronica, i feel for you!! must be so frustrating, to have it in hand, and then to have it snatched from you.

i didn't have any luck at all with the wishlist. never even made it into my cart. And i also have some expensive items i want to buy (ie. crib, glider, etc. over $600 worth of stuff, so 25% off would make a huge difference)

FYI, I believe this year the Amazon 25% maxes out at $125. Meaning the gift certificate only covers up to $500 in your cart. But that would still be great.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
For those that haven't been able to win anything, your card might be banned. I had no idea they did this, but I read about it on slickdeals. Mine was (apparently my husband trying at the same time I was from another computer was a no-no!?) Well, I found out because I couldn't even get one of the lesser wanted wish certificates, did the slickdeals trick of switching the third to last and last number of my card and was able to get to the next screen. (You can't go farther, it's just confirmation you have been banned). Luckily my mom has multiple cards and let me use one of hers and I was able to get the Amazon one today without a problem. It was frustrating not knowing that my card was never going to work!

the2bobs
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I tried to get the Amazon one at exactly 2pm today (was watching their clock count down) and it was already in other people's carts. I did get the Bed, Bath & Beyond 20% off entire purchase at 11am, but the Amazon one would be great. Had the same problem last year, could never get anything. Never heard of the banned thing before, good to know---my husband is usually also trying for the same thing I am at the same time.

citymama
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't get it. I tried at exactly the 000 countdown at 6 pm ET and it was already in other peoples' carts. Whaa? How does anyone ever win these things?