PDA

View Full Version : Will I return to my pre-preg size after weaning?

daisyd
11-27-2008, 08:27 PM
My bra size went up by 4 during pregnancy and now that I'm nursing. What are the chances that I'll return to my pre-preg size after weaning, or drop a few sizes but just not return to my pre-preg size (which means more shopping for undies [groan])?

Thanks,
Daisy

C99
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
I have nursed 3 kids and weaned 2 of them. My band size has always gone back down to my pre-pregnancy size, but my cup size increased by one size overall since 2002, when I got pregnant for the first time.

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
With the exception of the first 6m of bf'ing with ds1 I have been the same bra size. Oh, I guess I was up a cup size in the early days of bf'ig ds2. Still nursing at almost a year and I am in my normal size.

Beth

BeachBum
11-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I went back to my pre-pregnancy size.

kijip
11-28-2008, 01:07 PM
It's hard to say. It seems like everyone has a different end result.

I went from a barely A to a C when nursing (even though I had little milk) and then back down to between a B and C after T stopped nursing. I would kill to have my A cup back but I don't think that is in the cards without surgery (I think I might be the only woman that fantasizes about breast reduction surgery to an A cup).

This pregnancy my cup size only went up slightly, to a C. Only time will tell where I will stay.

daisyd
11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks much for your replies! Looks like I'll have to wait and watch (and hope)...

JenaW
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I was a 36C in college. I increased to a 36D after getting married and gaining weight. When my milk came in after delivering my first I was a 42F!!! That was 5 1/2 years ago. In those past 5+ years, I have been almost continuously nursing or pregnant (or both simultaneously) and have varied from as small as a 36D again to a 40DD, which is where I am now at 3 mos pospartum and BFing baby#5. I have heard that once you have stopped nursing for a prolonged period, you often shrink down smaller than your "original" size. YMMV though.

J

DrSally
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I've been pregnant and/or bfing since April 2005 (bf'd DS while preggo with DD and now tandem nursing), so I've never actually weaned. I'll say that I just got rid of my 34 B bras, b/c I can't ever see them fitting again. I'm a 36C now and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way. During my preg with DS, my rib cage expanded (supposedly to get me more oxygen).

pb&j
11-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I went back to my previous size, but we had been fully weaned for a couple of months before everything finished settling down.

Fairy
11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Really, I do think this is goignt o be different for everyone; there is no real standard. I went from a 38DD to a 40DDD and never went back down (then gain, I gained a few). My friend went up a couple cups and went right back down to her exact boobs once she weaned. Then i have another friend who was a 34B and shrivelled down to non-existent afterward and stayed there. Just a big crapshoot.

american_mama
11-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Think of it this way: if bras are the only size adjustment you have to make after having a baby, you are pretty lucky!

My breasts and rib cage got bigger by a cup or two and a band width or two. I started at 34B or a little bigger and am now a 36/38C or D, seven months post partum with baby #3. I sometimes feel like the only woman on the planet whose breasts got and stayed bigger with nursing, but I see others have experienced it too.

zephyr
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I started out with 34B prepregnancy, gained a cup while nursing, and went back to my original size after ds weaned.

daisyd
12-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm surprised by the variation in everyone's experiences. I'd hoped to get my shopping done this holiday season, but since I wont start weaning till Jan, that will have to wait...