PDA

View Full Version : First words ...

mamaoftwins
11-28-2008, 06:00 PM
DS1 said his first word besides "mama" and "dada" during Thanksgiving dinner yesterday!

"APPLE" :)

And he repeated it several times just to make sure we got it. He said it this morning too. So cute.

Just had to share.

What were your DC's first words????

lisams
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
How cute, and what great timing! I love when they learn a new word and say it over and over and over!

DD's first real word was "bay-bee" and then she never stopped talking.

DS's first real word was "pup". Lately he's been saying "bridge" which comes out like "bidch". Always fun when he starts repeating it in public :o

elephantmeg
11-28-2008, 09:08 PM
besides mama and dada DD is saying "yeah" and clapping her hands, so cute!

SnuggleBuggles
11-28-2008, 11:19 PM
These are so cute. :)

With ds1 his first word was "read." He'd bring over a book and say, "ree, ree!"

Ds2- I think that we are counting "hi" as his first word though he also has a word for melon, we think.

Beth

mommyp
11-29-2008, 12:09 AM
DD has started saying "uh-oh" when she throws things off her highchair tray (sippy cup is a favorite!)

WatchingThemGrow
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
So, he had a crowd to hear "apple?"

DS said "tickle" and "peek-a-boo" a while back which were sooooo cute. I need to check though, to see if he knows ball or book or any object words. We often can't hear him for DD's noise.

kayte
11-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! That is so fun!

DD's first word was 'dog'.

Gena
11-29-2008, 11:34 AM
DS had a few "pop-out" words that he would say one time and not ever repeat starting at age 13 months.

The first word DS said and didn't lose was "gumball" at age 2 yrs 7 mos. The clinic where DS gets speech therapy has a large gumball machine in the waiting room. Apparently it made quite an impression on him.

mamaoftwins
11-29-2008, 11:35 AM
All of these are so cute!

So, he had a crowd to hear "apple?"

Yep, we had dinner with friends, and it was nice to have the confirmation from them that "apple" is what they heard, too! DH was feeding DS1 apple crisp for dessert and DH said "apple" as he was feeding him. And I guess DS1 just decided that was the word he was going to say. :)

Asianmommy
11-29-2008, 11:50 AM
DD's first word was "up"--guess who liked to be held?