PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Kettler in action today at the park! I get it now!

Jenny_A
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
DH and I took DD to the park today and there was a Mom with 3 boys. The middle boy looked maybe 4 or 5 and he had a very used/loved Kettler trike and he rode that thing up and down a huge hill for a good hour. He would push it to the top of the hill and then let it fly down at top speed. There was a curve at the bottom of the hill and that little trike did awesome on that curve every time! DH even commented on what a good little bike it was.

I didn't know it was a Kettler and I asked the Mom what kind of bike it was. She said it was a Kettler and had already been through the first son.

Not sure what model. Wasn't an air navigator but it was blue and yellow and had a blue seat and I'm pretty sure air tires.

Anyway, I'm sold. I came home and am trying to secure one for DD through Craigslist. I've found an air navigtor for $35 but the lady said someone was coming to look Monday at it. I'll keep trying. Craigslist had several listed. I'm thinking the air tires are the way to go! I did lots of research tonight on Kettler's website.

Anyone else love their Kettler?

Jenny

WatchingThemGrow
11-29-2008, 08:22 AM
DD can't pedal hers independently yet, but we have an Air Happy, which doesn't have a bucket on the back. We love the pushbar and freewheel which allows DC to put their feet on the pedals while we push.

Funny about that Craigslist seller. I always sell things first-come, first-serve. You should write back and ask if you can come sooner and take a look. I've always heard of people contacting the first person interested and telling them someone else wants to come look at it earlier. I'd tell the seller that you're interested in coming today and see what they say.

Tondi G
11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
We have a Jumbo Color and love it! It has been through two boys so far and still looks practically new! You may have seen an Air Jumbo!

We opted to not get the air tires cause that way we don't have to deal with any flat tires or pumping low tires. We live in the city so we don't go over gravel and such that would require the air tires!

MarisaSF
11-30-2008, 02:45 PM
We have an air navigator and it's on its second kid. We have been very happy with it. Love the pushbar!

I'm glad for the air tires. We live in the suburbs with sidewalks and go on long walks as a family around the neighborhood. When DS was younger, we got a little pushcar thing for him with plastic wheels. That thing was LOUD going over the sidewalks. We could barely hear ourselves talking. LOL. And it would scare the bunnies away before the kids got to spot them. :)

FYI -- we've had ours for almost 3 years and have never needed to reinflate the tires.