PDA

View Full Version : Cheap but good treadmill?

oneontheway
11-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Okay, time to get in shape... anyone know of a inexpensive or on sale treadmill that is durable and easy to store??

heidiann
11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
i'd check out Dunhams if there is one by you, they had some great deals, thats where I got mine and love it.
Also if you don't mind if its second hand check out craiglist and ads in your local paper. Mine are flooded with them. This seems to be the one thing people sell after they realize working out isn't for them lol...

oneontheway
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Craigslist is a really good idea. I only want to spend a few hundred max until I know I will really use it... then I wouldn't mind investing in a better one. Thank you!!

MMMommy
11-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I did a lot of research before buying Costco's NordicTrack model. It got great reviews (best value) from Treadmill Doctor and forums online. Not necessarily inexpensive at $899, but it is supposedly comparable to a $1600 to $2000 model. But made specifically for Costco by NordicTrack, as far as I know. Last year it was called the Commercial 1500, but the updated version is now called the ZS. I use it daily for jogging/running, and it has been smooth sailing so far. It is a solid piece of equipment. Also, Costco's return policy is excellent. If anything goes wrong, I can just return it. I bought mine in-store, so returning it would be more difficult. But if you buy it through Costco.com, Costco would arrange for return pickups free of charge, as far as I know.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11317030&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

spunkybaby
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I did a lot of research before buying Costco's NordicTrack model. It got great reviews (best value) from Treadmill Doctor and forums online. Not necessarily inexpensive at $899, but it is supposedly comparable to a $1600 to $2000 model. But made specifically for Costco by NordicTrack, as far as I know. Last year it was called the Commercial 1500, but the updated version is now called the ZS. I use it daily for jogging/running, and it has been smooth sailing so far. It is a solid piece of equipment. Also, Costco's return policy is excellent. If anything goes wrong, I can just return it. I bought mine in-store, so returning it would be more difficult. But if you buy it through Costco.com, Costco would arrange for return pickups free of charge, as far as I know.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11317030&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Karen--does this treadmill have a TV? One of the reviews on the Costco.com website talked about a TV, but I don't see a TV listed in the product specs.

Thanks!

MMMommy
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Karen--does this treadmill have a TV? One of the reviews on the Costco.com website talked about a TV, but I don't see a TV listed in the product specs.

Thanks!

No tv with this treadmill. Not sure why that reviewer mentioned a tv. If you have a Costco near you, I recommend checking it out in person. But you can buy online if you want the ability to have Costco.com pickup at their expense if you ever need to return.

spunkybaby
11-29-2008, 06:29 PM
No tv with this treadmill. Not sure why that reviewer mentioned a tv. If you have a Costco near you, I recommend checking it out in person. But you can buy online if you want the ability to have Costco.com pickup at their expense if you ever need to return.

I didn't think there was a TV, but thought I'd check just in case :)

Thanks for the tip...maybe we'll check it out at Costco next week.

MMMommy
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I didn't think there was a TV, but thought I'd check just in case :)

Thanks for the tip...maybe we'll check it out at Costco next week.

It's a good one, really. If you look at the specs, it has good horsepower and lots of good features for the price.

These links may be helpful. As noted in the reviews, the ZS replaced the C1500. Practically the same machine otherwise.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/NordicTrack-Commercial-ZS-Treadmill-Review-09

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/NordicTrack-Commercial-1500-Treadmill-Review-09