PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the newer "full panel" or "secret fit" maternity styles?

WatchingThemGrow
11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
The lower rise bands of previous pregnancies never made it very far with me. My Earl Jeans and cords with the stretchy pockets stopped working well around month 6 or 7.

I'm now trying on different pants from Gap and ON with these kinds of bellies - http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6021&pid=588336 and http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?pid=5947650220302&cid=39061&ssiteID=GAP

Motherhood stuff made me ill last time, but I'm willing to go and try these if anyone can share a good experience with them. http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?ViewSource=&Product_Id=70841728&category_Name=Jeans&Category_Id=1728&MasterCategory_Id=33

Are these at all comfortable for the long haul? I never would have considered them the 1st or 2nd time, but I'm sick of being left with pants that slide down or feel too tight when I sit. I carry really low, so if you do also and find these to be acceptable, that would be great to know!

Neatfreak
11-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I have one pair of secret fit shorts this past summer and they were my favourite. The panel stayed put and was very comfortable!

WatchingThemGrow
11-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I have one pair of secret fit shorts this past summer and they were my favourite. The panel stayed put and was very comfortable!
from Motherhood or elsewhere?

Aishe
11-30-2008, 01:50 AM
I have some full panel jeans from Old Navy and a few work style pants with the full panel from Liz Lange. I won't wear anything else now (I'm seven months along). I too was fed up with the low rise bands sliding down. They were always bunching up and pressing right on my bladder. I don't remember having this problem in my last pregnancy, but my body has responded completely differently this time! Anyway, I highly recommend the full panels.

Neatfreak
11-30-2008, 09:13 AM
They were from Motherhood. Does another place sell the same style? The secret fit is different that a full panel, IMO ...

swrc00
11-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I hated the full panel in the beginning of my pregnancy, but I loved them towards the end. I bought mine from Old Navy.

WatchingThemGrow
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I hated the full panel in the beginning of my pregnancy, but I loved them towards the end. I bought mine from Old Navy.

Ok, so the full-panel ones from ON...did they have the 1" elastic strip along the top of the panel? They're all cut so differently that 3 different pairs of the same size look nothing alike.

If I can go to the mall during naptime today (after my nap), I'm going to try the secret fit. I have a ton of ON stuff at the house to return. The L are huge, but the mediums won't make it thought the end of the month, I'm certain.

mrshalco
11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
I LOVE my secret belly pants from Motherhood. I've always hated the full panel too and found these to fit differently! You should absolutely try them on! I bet you will like them!

neeleymartin
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
the secret belly from motherhood seem to be like a nylon at the top. not cotton lycra like most bellys. just bought a pair that i plan to wear all day tomorrow. i am wondering about being itchy, my skin tends to be dry. they were VERY comfortable in the store. i'll let you know.

i never liked the full panel. i also liked the roll panel from old navy, looks like a full panel but you can wear them super early to the end. most bang for your buck.

kijip
12-01-2008, 04:37 AM
I like both the roll panel and the full panel from Gap. I like the belly coverage too, for when my shirt rides up a bit because I am SO not the mama with her cute belly bump peeking out from under her slightly short shirts. I'd be just as likely to strip naked than feel ok about anyone seeing my belly unless they are close enough to me to be sleeping in my bed or be measuring my belly for my medical records. (needless to say my maternity suit is not a bikini, LOL).

WatchingThemGrow
12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, my nap lasted longer than expected, and the nausea that followed kept me home the rest of the day. I appreciate all the sharing. My roll panel ON pants kept sliding all day yesterday, so I've got to get hold of a bella band asap. I think the nylon stuff that goes all the way up will feel better than all the full panel styles with the elastic band around the top. The ones I was trying yesterday from my ON/Gap delivery just seemed uncomfortable over time - well, that and the in-between sizes thing...

HIU8
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
When PG with DS back in 2004, I bought full panel from JCPenny. They also had an adjustable waistband (like DS's pants) inside. When PG with DD I could not find them anymore (I needed a few new pairs). Personally, I could not wear any other type of panel while PG--they were very very uncomfortable and never fit me correctly). I ended up getting a few pairs of plus size drawstring pants for weekend casual and wore my full panel pants to work during the week.

BeccaB.
12-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I loved my secret fit pants and jeans at first. Unfortunately after wearing them for three months (I'm 38 weeks along), they are not wearing well. The fabric is not soft and is wearing out on the seams on the inside of both legs. The jeans on the other hand are awesome. I wear them all the time. They are defiantly my favourites and are extremely comfortable. They have also held up well even though I wear them all the time.

american_mama
12-19-2008, 02:31 AM
I got Secret Fit jeans from Motherhood this spring at abouut 8 months pregnant and LOVED them. I really wanted to buy another pair but couldn't justify it for just a few weeks of wear.

The panel is out of seamless microfiber, not cotton jersey knit like most full panel pants. It is smooth, lightweight, and does not show "waistband lines" under your clohtes, which is great. My one beef with my jeans is that the panel was sewn a little too far down, so it often showed when wearing the close-fitting/easy to ride up maternity shirts that are popular now. If they'd made the jeans material go up about two inches more before sewing on the panel, it would have been ideal.

WatchingThemGrow
12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
My one beef with my jeans is that the panel was sewn a little too far down, so it often showed when wearing the close-fitting/easy to ride up maternity shirts that are popular now. If they'd made the jeans material go up about two inches more before sewing on the panel, it would have been ideal.

That's too funny, b/c after trying on a few hundred pairs (only slightly exaggerating) of maternity pants, I decided the SF ones are the only ones cut low enough to accommodate my low-riding babies. I think I really like them if I can get past the in-between sizes factor I'm facing. It is driving me nuts since the Ms seem too snug to be pretty and the Ls are stretched out and saggy after I wear them for an hour. It isn't the belly at all, just the butt and thigh area. Maybe I should wear Ms now and just wear some Ls if I need to later - well, now that I've taken some tags off, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

KarenLud
12-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I love the secret belly fits from Motherhood..so comfy! I tried some of the "full panel" ones from ON, they had about a one inch band at the top of the panel and it was super uncomfortable..poked right across my belly.

WatchingThemGrow
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I love the secret belly fits from Motherhood..so comfy! I tried some of the "full panel" ones from ON, they had about a one inch band at the top of the panel and it was super uncomfortable..poked right across my belly.

Yes, yes, and YES!!! At first, I was like, "Oh, this is good. Then I sat down and thought I would barf immediately with that pressure on my gut in a uniform squeezing motion -ouch! Those just made me feel ill about ON's attempts at maternity.

amldaley
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I had a pair of pants from Motherhood similar to that and a pair by Liz Lange (Target) that were similar...they were soft and stretchy jersey knit all over with a full panel seamed in like a yoke, but of the same material. I LOVED them!

I got to the point where I decided that my comfort was more important and heck, people could SEE that I was pregnant, so why bother with trim and "subtle" styles?

vejemom
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority - but I hated them. I had all sorts of trouble with them sliding down, even when I was 9 months along. I ended up having to wear my Bella Band with them to hold them up. It looks like everyone else had good luck with them, so maybe I'm just shaped oddly!