PDA

View Full Version : can i chat with my other POST MIRENA friends?

lizajane
11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
i had my mirena taken out (lots of bad side effects) and i feel HORRIBLE. i think i am in the middle of the "crash." i have taken naps 3 days in a row, i feel sad randomly for no reason (the rest of the day i am very happy! with irritable moments when i need that nap!) and my uterus feels like i am in early labor!!! very bizarre cramping and hardening like contractions almost. um, yikes.

how long does this last? i am correct that after the first AF it gets better? even if it takes a few more weeks/months to totally even out?

i have evening primrose oil and calcium/magnesium. i need to get on the stick about taking it every meal. but i can't take calcium in the AM with synthroid and i can't leave the bottles out where DCs can reach, so i forget sometimes.

can y'all please share your experiences with having your mirena removed?

Karenn
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I was on an emotional rollercoaster for 3 or 4 days, and then it got better. I was really thrown by how out of control I felt of my emotions during those days! I don't remember any physical symptoms, but the emotional stuff hit me hard! I was back to normal within a week or two, and my cycle regulated almost instantly.

s7714
11-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I was emotional for about a week and then felt better. It took me a couple days to figure out why I felt like such a basket case and then the light bulb went on! I didn't have any noticeable physical withdrawals, except that my first post IUD period was really heavy, like my body was trying to play catch up for all those barely there periods I'd had with the Mirena.

Nooknookmom
11-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Omg, I didn't know it was that bad to have one removed. I am planning on getting this awful thing taken out asap. Thanks for posting about this so I will have a heads up!

kijip
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I had mine out in April of 2007. I had no emotional side effects or bothersome physical symptoms but then again, I had no issues with the Mirena at all so that may be the difference. Just want to chime in and say not everyone will have a bad experience with the removal. It was a year before I got pregnant again, and we did actively TTC from June 2007 till Jan 2008 and previously, we had always been able to get pregnant within a few cycles at most. I don't think that was particularly to blame on the Mirena. We were, after all, pregnant 1 year post removal.

Davids-Coco
11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I had mine removed in June after 2 years with no problems. I also didn't have any emotional or physical symptoms like described. I did have a very heavy period (but not to an alarming point) that started about 2-3 day after removed... but that was manageable. And, I was happily able to get pregnant the next cycle.

lizajane
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I had mine out in April of 2007. I had no emotional side effects or bothersome physical symptoms but then again, I had no issues with the Mirena at all so that may be the difference. Just want to chime in and say not everyone will have a bad experience with the removal. It was a year before I got pregnant again, and we did actively TTC from June 2007 till Jan 2008 and previously, we had always been able to get pregnant within a few cycles at most. I don't think that was particularly to blame on the Mirena. We were, after all, pregnant 1 year post removal.

definitely a good point- if it wasn't a problem in, it probably won't be a problem out.

but for me, it was a problem IN. so out is also trouble. also, i am hypersensitive to everything! medications especially. so while it may not have any side effects for most women, i am that 1% who gets side effects for everything. i went nutso on ambien, for example. so bad the doc told me to call it an allergy.

s7714
11-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Omg, I didn't know it was that bad to have one removed. I am planning on getting this awful thing taken out asap. Thanks for posting about this so I will have a heads up!

I found the post IUD removal symptoms to be not much different than going off of birth control pills. If you've gone off the pill in the past and not had much effects, then likely removing the Mirena won't be much different.

Karenn
12-01-2008, 01:01 AM
definitely a good point- if it wasn't a problem in, it probably won't be a problem out.

but for me, it was a problem IN. so out is also trouble. also, i am hypersensitive to everything! medications especially. so while it may not have any side effects for most women, i am that 1% who gets side effects for everything. i went nutso on ambien, for example. so bad the doc told me to call it an allergy.

Yes, that is a good point. The reason I had mine removed was the horrible mood swings I was having with it in. It seems likely that the even more intense mood swings when I had it removed were related to the initial troubles.

LexyLou
12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Ok, phew...glad to hear not everyone had bad reactions to the removal! That about gave me a heart attack.

I've had mine for about 1 year now with no problems. I have no intentions of removing it any time soon but I'm glad to know I may not have problems when I do.