PDA

View Full Version : How many playsilks are ideal?

sste
11-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Based on wonderful advice here, I am going to ask grandparents to get DS playsilks for hanukah. What size set should I have them get - - I am going to order from atoygarden.com and I can buy individually or in sets of 5, 8, or 12. What is the best number?

KBecks
11-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't know, I think we have 8 and it feels like a good amt.

annasmom
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I think it depends on the dc's age. Years ago I bought a rainbow of silks, and then last year I made a few on my own for building. I think for a really young dc, one or two is just fine. As my kids have gotten older, and have lots of friends over - they all end up using them to dress up like princesses or superheroes.

However, iirc a toy garden has the best prices around, so you may want to opt for the set of 5 at least if it is still a really good deal.

hillview
12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd go with a lower amt and then order more if they like them. So far DSs don't seem to care for them at all :(
/hillary

KBecks
12-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Ours have limited use, and we have 8 for two kids (will be 3 kids). The thing they like most is using them for capes and playing superhero, but they do take the silks out, although they don't really do a lot of playing.

I have seen them displayed on a wall rack with clothespins and I think having them out is a nice way to do it.