PDA

View Full Version : Neat message video about Christmas - Advent Conspiracy

KBecks
12-01-2008, 01:06 AM
http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-if.html

Fairy
12-01-2008, 01:12 AM
That thing was manipulative and, and, and ...

... and it worked. It made me cry. And made me think. I dunno who is behind sponsoring the whole thing and I don't care (I think). Its point was very solid.

Thanks, Karen.

-- Fairy

kijip
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
The need for clean water is a very compelling argument. We have people being trampled to death on Black Friday over some cheap consumer goods and yet so many go without decent water access. Definitely makes you think, especially when you consider how much people can't stand so many of the presents they get. If all the store bought Christmas sweaters and hated fruitcakes were converted back into cash, that's a lot of $$$, to say nothing of the things we want but can do without.

Fairy
12-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Absolutely, Katie. Vanity Fair's Green Issue a couple years ago had a whole article about the clean water issue (lackthereof) in China, and I about fell over. It's the first thing I thoguht of when the video here went into clean water. Then the thing about the Xmas sweater she doesn't like. I was like, yep, that's gonna happen.

*sigh*

KBecks
12-01-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm glad you liked it. We found a local charity we really like that's run by nuns who build wells in Guatemala. They have an annual simple spaghetti dinner and auction that's attended mostly by the other nuns. We were lucky to have gotten connected to the charity and it has been a wonderful experience to support their efforts.

I like the video and that this is a wonderful new technology way to spread the message to so many people.