PDA

View Full Version : Baby Seat vs. Baby Rail for Stokke Tripp Trapp

12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm considering buying a Stokke Tripp Trapp. After reading all the old posts, I'm convinced that it will be a great buy, but I'm still not comfortable with the high price tag. Plus, I just realized that I will have to buy an additional item for my 6 month old DD- the baby seat. The baby seat runs about $89. There is also a baby rail that I saw that runs about $39. What is the difference? I can't find a clear description that explains the difference between the two. I'm thinking it's that the baby seat comes with a back and the baby rail is just the rail. Will the baby rail work for my 6 month old or do I need the baby seat? Also, any final thoughts on why I should buy the Stokke Tripp Trapp and not go with the Fisher Price booster that everyone loves would also be helpful. I really don't like the other plastic high chairs, so I think those are my options. I have gift certificates that I can use at babiesrus, but there is no free shipping on the Stokke Tripp Trapp at the moment. I was thinking that I could go to the store and buy the FP booster for now and see how that goes before I spend the big bucks. Thought son this? Thanks!

MontrealMum
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I have never heard of the Stokke baby seat to go with the Tripp Trapp. We have the baby rail which is created by Stokke to go on the Tripp Trapp. It is intended for babies, therefore it should be fine for a 6 month old. We used ours when our son was around 5 mos or so. You do not need a back, the actual Tripp Trapp chair has its own back. The baby rail is to keep them from falling out the front end. Maybe if you could post a link of this baby seat so people can see what you're referring to? I'm sorry, but it's hard to discuss the differences when I don't know what product you're talking about.

lerlerler
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
We LOVE our Tripp TRapp, but I never dealt with the babybar
If you have an IKEA nearby?

Buy the Antilop
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724

and when the babe is 12 months old, retire it for the TRIPP TRAPP without any bar... I think it's a better bargain and works better...
that ANTILOP cleans up SO easily

WatchingThemGrow
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I've seen the Baby Set (not seat) on the stokkeusa.com website, and it appears to be the newer version of the Baby Rail. It appears to have a seatback that gives more support and holds the shoulder harness straps up and the baby rail part as well. It appears to also be available in colors that match the seat. http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrappacc.html

We love our Stokke chairs, but we don't have the baby stuff. We use a Peg hc first, then move to the Stokke chairs we bought 2nd hand.

MontrealMum
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
I've seen the Baby Set (not seat) on the stokkeusa.com website, and it appears to be the newer version of the Baby Rail. It appears to have a seatback that gives more support and holds the shoulder harness straps up and the baby rail part as well. It appears to also be available in colors that match the seat. http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrappacc.html

Thanks for posting that :) IMHO, I don't think that something like that is really necessary. If your child needs that much help to sit upright, they are not ready to be in a highchair (unless you go for one of these reclining ones by Peg that pp is referring to). If you are set on getting the Tripp Trapp for the baby stage, I'd just go with the babyrail - well, I have, that's what we did. Otherwise, the FP booster is very nice also. We used one on vacation. I don't know how it does with younger babies as my DS was 1 yr. when we used it.

irene12
12-02-2008, 12:08 AM
If you're buying the most current version of the tripp trapp (post-June 2008-please confirm date with Stokke), the baby rail will not fit it and you will need to buy the babyset. I know because I bought the new version and the babyrail and it did not fit. I have the babyset and I'm not a big fan of it--the baby's 8 mos and is in the fisher price booster seat. We'll move him into the tripp trapp when he's older. We love the tripp trapp though. We have a kinderzeat for our first born.

Irene

12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Thank you for all that information. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell what models BRUS carries. They are also out of stock of the Baby Set. I think I'm going to start with the Fisher Price space saver and go from there.

WatchingThemGrow
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thank you for all that information. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell what models BRUS carries. They are also out of stock of the Baby Set. I think I'm going to start with the Fisher Price space saver and go from there.

They're probably OOS because they're just putting the item on their website. It appears to be brand new for 2009.

ahrimie
12-03-2008, 02:53 PM

yesyes, i think you're right. the baby set is the new rail for 2009. some places still sell the regular baby rail for $39. i got mine at right start recently and the rail and cushion came free!

pinnacle94080
12-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Suggest that you just keep the Babies R US GC and buy something else with it (there will always be more things to buy there :D ). Then buy the Tripp Trapp from Great Beginnings or from Baby Bungalow since they have deals right now where you can get the chair, rail, and cushions for $244 at Baby Bungalow or $229 from Great Beginnings. Ok, I think the deals are for the older model but I think it should work as well as the new ones.