PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the FP batman giftset from Target

momofjandl
12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I've manged to find one and have put it on hold. It's the $27.99 price and sold out everywhere.

But the store is 45 min away one way...so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

I think it'd be about $5 in gas total. So $28 and $5 would be $33. (Then there is my time of course). I'm guessing the combined total of the pieces is about $40 from the FP website not including shipping.

I just bought the batcave set which already comes with a batman and a robin. (Both in the target giftset).

I'm thinking I could just buy the individual sets I want at $6-$11 each. Either for Christmas or later when the craze has died down.

Thoughts? Is the giftset really nice?

I hate to drive there and find out they didn't set it aside. They said they would and that it was the last one. I'd be really upset if I got there and they screwed up..which they do at times.

Is it worth the risk?

firstbaby
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
We got it for Ds1 and Ds2. I do think it is an awesome set. It has two batmans, robin and a motorcycle, the ice man (forget his name) and a frozen chamber, I think the penguin and a vehicle, a batman jet thing and one more vehicle. I would do the drive and get a rain check if they didn't really set it aside for you. DS1 and DS2 are also getting the batcave and I feel it really complements, not overlaps, with that. HTH.

momofjandl
12-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks! I think I'll suck it up and do the drive. I'm making a list of other things I can get at Target so I don't have to do another drive out. I'm going to call first thing to make sure they did hold it and it's behind the counter.

You never can be too sure. One store said they had 5 in stock but when they went to ck she said they had none. I asked why it said 5 and she said that sometimes they are damaged, or they get stolen. So I just don't trust it until I get there.

It's Mr. Freeze by the way. LOL! ;)

eta how old are your kids? I was worried mine wouldn't get a lot of play out of it. You know..they'd play with it for a month and that's it. We have tons of little people that they played with a bit and now never touch. Mine are 4 and 5. I wasn't sure if it was too babyish. I know it says 5-8. But already they seem into older toys.

firstbaby
12-02-2008, 12:59 AM
DS1 is about to turn 5 and DS2 is close to 3. A friend of theirs has the batcave and it is SOOOO coveted. I can't wait to see their excitement on Christmas :) I think your boys woud love it too. They will occasionally bring out their little people to set up a pretend zoo, etc but our playmobil guys have been getting most the play time lately and I know they love the superheroes.

Thanks for letting me know the icy guy's name - I am so bad with character names! Whenever DS asks me the name of a Disney princess I say Cinderella. They just saw that last week with Grandma and now he knows I'm wrong and they aren't ALL named Cinderella :)

lilhilly
12-02-2008, 10:21 AM
The individual "bad guys" can be pretty hard to find, too. We got DS the bat cave for his birthday in July, and we had to hunt around FOREVER to find the Joker and the Penguin.

momofjandl
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks again! I did the drive and they did have it. Last one in stock!

It probably is/was worth it. I got some other shopping done and cked some items off my to do list.

Hopefully the boys will be happy!