PDA

View Full Version : Another silly question: baby monitors

Snow mom
12-01-2008, 10:32 PM
We just got our baby monitor (Sony 900 MHz BabyCall). The transmitter plugs in and I just realized I have absolutely no idea where the transmitter is supposed to go. I assume with the cord that it absolutely shouldn't go in the crib or close enough that the baby could grab the cord from inside the crib. Our crib has solid end panels. Does hanging above the end panel make sense as a place to put the transmitter? How close does the transmitter need to be to the baby? I assumed that the instructions would say something about where to place the transmitter but apparently I'm the only one who wonders about these things... TIA!

~Lisa

sidmand
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I actually have DS's transmitter in his closet and then shut the door! I'm a very light sleeper and the volume only went down so far but it was still very loud. Put a radio next to the transmitter and the receiver in your room and see how loud it needs to be.

DD's transmitter is probably too close to her crib...you can really put it anywhere in the room that works for you. What about underneath the crib?

Hanging above the crib seems a bit odd (and difficult)? It can really go anywhere you can hear it and unless you're a really heavy sleeper that can probably be anywhere in the room.

bubbaray
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I have our transmitter on a shelf beside the crib (open sides and ends). Neither of my girls every tried reaching for it.

ahrimie
12-02-2008, 07:42 AM
well, i have the video monitor.. so i put mine on the end panel of the crib (though, you can mount it on the wall too.. just havent gotten to it yet). i have the cord facing away from her.. and she hasn't tried to reach for it YET.

WatchingThemGrow
12-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I'd look around for a place to mount/place it so that the cord will not be a grabbing hazard in a few months. We don't have a BabyCall, but we've always put it just anywhere in the room with no problems.