PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Baby Twin head is falling off :(

michlyn
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I recently purchased one bitty baby twin for my DD as a Christmas gift. I was so excited about it that I took it out of the box last night and found that the head is attached to the body by a long drawstring. WTH? I was trying to figure out the string thing and the head fell off :( I managed to stuff it bacfk on but it clearly needs to be attached with this very visible drawstring. Is this seriously how the American Girl dolls are made? I'm so disappointed.

egoldber
12-02-2008, 01:30 PM
The string is there to make it easy to replace the head should your doll ever need to go to the "doll hospital". Head replacements are pretty common. ;) Also, if you ever need to seriously clean and wash the hair (it happens) it is so much easier to do that if you detach the head first.

If you call AG they should be able to tell you how to reattach the head firmly if you are concerned about it. :)

Melaine
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow....what a bummer.

michlyn
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I had no idea that's how the head's were attached. Hmmm...I'm kind of losing some of my AG love. The string thing just seems awkward. Plus if I can tinker with it and the head fell off then you can bet it will happen when my DD gets ahold of it.

I'll call them to figure out how to secure it.

egoldber
12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
It may have been too loose to begin with. FWIW, we have four AG dolls (an older Bitty, a new Twin, a very well used hand me down 18" Molly and a new Kit) and neither of my kids have ever messed with the strings or even really noticed them.

michlyn
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I've been asking around and the string is not supposed to be that noticeable. My strings are about 3 inches long. So pretty noticeable. Off to exchange.

egoldber
12-02-2008, 04:45 PM
The strings on our dolls are all about 3-4".

Rainbows&Roses
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I've been asking around and the string is not supposed to be that noticeable. My strings are about 3 inches long. So pretty noticeable. Off to exchange.

I don't know who you have been asking, but the strings on all the dolls are pretty noticeable when not tucked in clothes. Our bitty baby head fell off once, we put it back on and it has not fallen off since.