PDA

View Full Version : Which size doll for cheap clothes: help me choose, please

xmasbabycomin
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
So DD is turning 3 so I have bday and xmas to shop for. She is getting more into dolls and just has her Gotz Muffin (and her Ghetto Cabbage Patch Kid which I'm hoping will "accidentally" get lost). I want either a Gotz or Corolle b/c of the phthalate thing. In deciding on a new one I guess I have a few considerations:

1. What size? I have had a hard time finding clothes for the 13" Muffin that aren't totally expensive. TRU & mass market doesn't seem to make clothes for smaller dolls. Seems like most of the clothes are in the 16-19" range?

2. hair? DD seems to want hair; I know it can get scraggly, so am I ca-razy? Are there some that are better than others?

3.of course I want all of these features too (yeah, that'll happen)
a. Gotz or Corolle b/c of phthalates
b. Not interactive (that Corolle Lia thing kinda creeps me out with that reactive voice that sounds older than DD); othwerwise, not sure how I feel about random cooing
c. No paci/thumb/open mouth
d. not super $$
e between 15-20"
f. probably something that can sit up OK (her other baby can't really participate well in tea time, snack time, etc)

some ideas: Miss Corolle (Classique 17"), Gotz Maxi Muffin 16" , Gotz Precious Day Girl 18"; The Precious Day one says it fits American Girl
clothes, but I don't know if you can get those cheap anywhere.

If you made it this far, thanks so much! I'd love any input! All my friends have boys or younger daughters so I'm pretty clueless.

Melaine
12-02-2008, 01:01 PM
lol at your reason for editing.
I don't know about ALL your qualifications, but there is a Corelle Calin on Babycenter that is a great price and has real hair :-) Free shipping today too!
http://store.babycenter.com/product/calin+doll.do?search=basic&keyword=calin&sortby=shortdesc&asc=true&page=1
I'm also interested in where to buy cheap clothes for dolls!

egoldber
12-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Most doll clothes come in either a 15" baby doll style or an 18" toddler doll style. These happen to be the sizes of the AG Bitty Baby/Twins and the AG 18" historical and Like You dolls. If you go with one of those sizes, you will find TONS of doll clothes available, especially the 18" style. Many companies make AG 18" knock offs, so all those clothes would fit an 18" AG style doll. Also there are tons of etsy and eBay sellers who make clothes for this doll. They are also readily available second hand on eBay and many other places.