PDA

View Full Version : Kid funnies

LarsMal
12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
My kids have been cracking me up the past couple days!! They are starting to have actual conversations with each other, and DS is really starting to use him imagination. Here are a couple of the cute ones:

- We've been to the mall a couple times and walked by/waved to Santa, but havne't visited him yet. On his own the other day DS (almost 3 1/2) took the chair from their craft table, put his green blanket over it and started saying, "My name is Santa Landon. Come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas." (with his little speech issues that made it sound even cuter!) So DH and I went and pretended to sit on his lap (more on the craft table with our legs swung over his) and told him what we wanted for Christmas. He'd lean over and pretend to pick something up and say, "Here you go. Now say 'cheese'!" (to the pretend camera). SOOO funny! Now he walks around with his Santa hat he got at the dollar store and asks if we want to visit Santa Landon again!

- DS has chapped lips and keeps asking me to put more "gasoline" on his lips. I keep trying to tell him VVVVasoline, but he's stuck on gasoline!

- DD picked up my cell phone the other day and pretended to call my dad. She had a full conversation (fake) with him, "Hi, Poppi, how are you gooing? You good, okay...mmm hmm....okay...yep butterflies...mmm hmmm...butterflies...okay, bye bye Poppi." I was dying!

- DD's new favorite phrase is "I'm so tired". Whatever I ask or tell her she resonds, "but I'm so tiiiiiired". She was crying in the car yesterday and DS said, "Please stop crying" to which she responded, through the most pathetic tears, "But I'm just soooo tiiiired." I almost ran off the road.

I just can't wait to see what they come up with next!

HIU8
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
DD is almost 18 months. She woke up at midnight last night screaming. I shot up out of a dead sleep to hear "I wanna go downstairs. Ball pit. Ride the train". If it wasn't midnight I would have taken her, but try to explain that to a 1 year old.

DS is 4. Lately he is very curious and wants to know why the whole world doesn't live in our town. After preschool today he wanted to know why his friend went to another car instead of his car. Another car doesn't stay in our town. It goes to another town and then it can't come to our house.

My favorite is when DS asks DD for something and she says no. He then proceeds to beg a 1 yr old whose staple answer is "I said NOOOOOOOOO".

maestramommy
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Kids are hilarious aren't they? I never thought it would happen, with Dora being speech delayed, but she actually has a sense of humor. She will deliberately say the wrong thing, then followup with, "are you funny?" which is my cue to say, "are you being funny?" which sends her into gales of laughter. So nice since these days she grating on my last nerve. Her comedic moments remind me why she's precious:love5:

Melaine
12-03-2008, 03:43 PM
My girls have been going around singing "Oh Christmas Tree" which sounds like "O Twissmas Twee..." They also exclaim "Twissmas Twee" out of the blue for no apparent reason.
Yesterday we were getting out of the car to go into a store and I told DD2 that she couldn't bring her snack in. She cheerfully responded: "Bye bye cheerios", followed by "I love you, cheerios". When that got a laugh she farewelled "Sissy's cheerios" too.

brittone2
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
My kids have been cracking me up the past couple days!! They are starting to have actual conversations with each other, and DS is really starting to use him imagination. Here are a couple of the cute ones:

- We've been to the mall a couple times and walked by/waved to Santa, but havne't visited him yet. On his own the other day DS (almost 3 1/2) took the chair from their craft table, put his green blanket over it and started saying, "My name is Santa Landon. Come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas." (with his little speech issues that made it sound even cuter!) So DH and I went and pretended to sit on his lap (more on the craft table with our legs swung over his) and told him what we wanted for Christmas. He'd lean over and pretend to pick something up and say, "Here you go. Now say 'cheese'!" (to the pretend camera). SOOO funny! Now he walks around with his Santa hat he got at the dollar store and asks if we want to visit Santa Landon again!

- DS has chapped lips and keeps asking me to put more "gasoline" on his lips. I keep trying to tell him VVVVasoline, but he's stuck on gasoline!

- DD picked up my cell phone the other day and pretended to call my dad. She had a full conversation (fake) with him, "Hi, Poppi, how are you gooing? You good, okay...mmm hmm....okay...yep butterflies...mmm hmmm...butterflies...okay, bye bye Poppi." I was dying!

- DD's new favorite phrase is "I'm so tired". Whatever I ask or tell her she resonds, "but I'm so tiiiiiired". She was crying in the car yesterday and DS said, "Please stop crying" to which she responded, through the most pathetic tears, "But I'm just soooo tiiiired." I almost ran off the road.

I just can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Some of the things you've posted lately have reminded me of my DD, who is about the same age as your youngest...she's just about to turn 2 in a few days. SHe has really come into her own in the past few weeks and seems to have us laughing daily with her statements. It is such a funny stage in her development as her language takes off LOL.

My DS (almost 5) hung out with my parents all day yesterday, and DD was home with me. DH and I took her shopping for groceries last night (oh my how much easier it is with just one of them LOL). On the way home from groceries I told her we were going to Mom Mom and Pop Pop's to pick up big brother. In the funniest voice, she kept saying "big brother is heaaaaavvvvy!!!" I guess she thought we were literally going to lift him up in our arms vs. stop by to get him loaded in the car LOL. She's had a bunch of funnies lately but I can't recall the rest.

kijip
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the joke he was telling was something like "What animal can jump higher than a house??!---- ANY ANIMAL- HOUSES CAN'T JUMP!!!" The funny factor is in his joy of telling the story more than the joke itself. Kids laughter is so infectious! I love it that he has a sense of humor now and gets so excited. Ignore the big white spot- he is wearing his school shirt, not information I want to publish online, LOL.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h204/kijip/Tobyandhisjoke-1.jpg

boolady
12-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I never do this, but here I go. Last night, DD and I were eating dinner, and she was, of course, doing everything I was doing. I sit with left hand in my lap, fork in right hand, take forkfull of leftover stuffing and eat it. DD does exact same thing, right down to putting left hand in lap. She then looks at me, totally seriously, and says, "So, how was your day? Who did you play with at work?"

I ask her this EVERY single night while we're eating dinner (well, except I ask her who she played with at school). She was so deadpan and so cute. It was all I could do not to crack up, but since she was asking so nicely, I came up with a list of co-workers I had been "playing" with.

ha98ed14
12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I never do this, but here I go. Last night, DD and I were eating dinner, and she was, of course, doing everything I was doing. I sit with left hand in my lap, fork in right hand, take forkfull of leftover stuffing and eat it. DD does exact same thing, right down to putting left hand in lap. She then looks at me, totally seriously, and says, "So, how was your day? Who did you play with at work?"

I ask her this EVERY single night while we're eating dinner (well, except I ask her who she played with at school). She was so deadpan and so cute. It was all I could do not to crack up, but since she was asking so nicely, I came up with a list of co-workers I had been "playing" with.

This is Seinfeld-Worthy!

ha98ed14
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I think the joke he was telling was something like "What animal can jump higher than a house??!---- ANY ANIMAL- HOUSES CAN'T JUMP!!!" The funny factor is in his joy of telling the story more than the joke itself. Kids laughter is so infectious! I love it that he has a sense of humor now and gets so excited. Ignore the big white spot- he is wearing his school shirt, not information I want to publish online, LOL

I love that his school shirt is ALSO PINK!

Wife_and_mommy
12-03-2008, 05:37 PM

That's hilarious and cute! :hysterical:

In a similar vein, DD tells DH to "have fun at work" some mornings.

boolady
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
That's hilarious and cute! :hysterical:

In a similar vein, DD tells DH to "have fun at work" some mornings.

If only that were possible....That's really cute. :)

Bean606
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
These made my day. . . Here is one from our ride home in the car last night. DS is 2 1/2 and wants us to make up stories constantly for him.

Ds: "Mommy, tell me a story about a spider."
ME: "I really don't want to talk about a spider - can't we tell a different story?"
DS: 'PLEEASE?"
DH: "OK, so the spider came into the house to look for food."
ME: (trying to come up with something) "Umm, and he sat down at the table and began to eat some Thanksgiving turkey."
DS: "Mommy, that's not right. Spiders can't sit down, because they don't have tushies - -just a lot of legs! He has to stand to eat!"

Melaine
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
HAHAHA! cute! those kids are so clever isn't it funny to think about them coming up with this stuff?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
DD was being whiny about dinner the other night. I was trying to ask her what she wanted and everything was "NOOOOOO". So I was going through a list of items (hamburgers, chicken, pasta, etc). I finally said "french fries?" and she goes "OH. MY. GOOOOODNESS! That would be perfect!" Haha it was priceless!

Then there was the other night. She got some new Hanna dresses. She put one on and looks down at herself for a second. Then she says "Wow, I look 'dorable!" :ROTFLMAO:

WatchingThemGrow
12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I was just digging in the bottom of the coat closet for some assorted gift bags for an upcoming family visit. DD came running down the hall and screamed, "LOOK, MOMMY! YOU HAVE BUTTCRACK!" She's 2.

When we asked where she learned the term from, she confessed that Grandmama taught her. GM told us she must have said it when someone's pants were falling off.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Nick and Kate both got flu shots a few weeks ago. Nick cried and Kate was stoic. Nick proudly proclaimed " Katie took it like a man!" He was so proud of her!