PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on BRU Jardine dropside crib

sayma
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Can some one review the BRU Jardine Capri dropside crib...i don't see it on the BRU website, but i did find it in their store. I am due in Feb and this is our first baby. I'm only 5'1 and i'm looking for a crib with a dropside to make it easier for me to get baby in and out of crib without waking her of course:)> Any and all feedback is appreciated!

KarenLud
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm interested in this too as this is one of the cribs on our "narrowed down" list. Thanks in advance!

MaddieBoo
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I believe there was a recall on these several months ago. Try searching CPSC.
I have not been that impressed with the cribs on display at Babies R Us. They all seem very flimsy or at least not well put together.

zag95
12-15-2008, 11:28 PM
There was a recall on the Jardine Crib. When I was pregnant a year ago, I was also looking at the Jardine, but I ended up not going with it. Here's why:

First of all, it was at the BRU store, but no where online.

Secondly, when I looked up Jardine, it took me no where- in the era of techology, I can't believe that there isn't a website or customer service center of some sort.

Finally, it was made in Taiwan, I believe.... and I was so leary of the above 2 that it tipped the scale for me.

I ended up taking the crib back and going with a crib that was a little more expensive, but had a better customer service record, better feedback in BB, etc. I got a Pali Denise crib, which has a side that can drop. It also has wheels so that I can more easily move the bed out when I am changing it. Now I am am almost 6 ft tall, but it was an important feature I was looking for. I wanted a bed that wasn't too "clunky" looking, as the room we have isn't huge. I wanted a traditional looking crib. I am very happy with my choice, particularly the safety factor.

I would really look long at the Jardine product.... and see if there are some other options in your area. If not, I probably would look at Target.

Best of luck in your search... I know it can be hard!

off2skl
12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Does the pali denise have a plastic track or a metal track? The few drop sides I have seen have been plastic, which I'm concerned will break. I'm looking at this one right now

http://www.ababy.com/itempage.asp?itemno=2089&itemid=2089

It looks like it's a foot release that runs on a metal bar (my mother had one for my brothers that I remember)

But, I have to make sure it has mattress springs rather than that board.