PDA

View Full Version : You know it's time to put your needs up there with your kids when...

LarsMal
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I was walking through the mall with 3yo DS and asked him what he wants to get Daddy for Christmas. After thinking for a minute he said, "New t-shirts." I asked him why and he said, "Because all his t-shirts have lots of holes in them so he needs some new ones with no holes in them." (referring to his white undershirts he wears to work)

Then, I was doing laundry and one of my underwire bras came out with no wire in it. Most people would just throw it away- not me. I found one wire and stuffed it back in, but the other was eaten by the machine, I guess. Still didn't throw it away, though. I think I can still wear it under sweaters!

I think DH and I need to do some undergarment shopping!!

Corie- does this get me into the holey underwear wearers club?! I don't have any stretched out maternity underwear (never could get used to those things) but half an underwire bra should count for something!! ;)

elektra
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I have 2 Victoria's Secret bras that only have one cup with the underwire. :innocent:

saschalicks
12-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm wearing my bikini underwear that is visibly small (think plumbers butt) while 7 mo pregnant b/c why buy bigger underwear?

LarsMal
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm wearing my bikini underwear that is visibly small (think plumbers butt) while 7 mo pregnant b/c why buy bigger underwear?

Oh, me too, except I'm only 17 weeks pregnant!! I swear VS changed the cut of their bikini underwear. I wore my other ones through 2 pregnancies with no problems, but then finally got some new ones last spring. They are already not fitting right, but I'm just going to suffer through. I think I have a few pair of granny panties I can pull out (you know, high cut VS briefs, or whatever they're called- mistakes my mom bought for me that I held onto)!!

neobunny
12-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, me too, except I'm only 17 weeks pregnant!! I swear VS changed the cut of their bikini underwear. I wore my other ones through 2 pregnancies with no problems, but then finally got some new ones last spring. They are already not fitting right, but I'm just going to suffer through. I think I have a few pair of granny panties I can pull out (you know, high cut VS briefs, or whatever they're called- mistakes my mom bought for me that I held onto)!!

VS has changed the fabric, cut, & elastics of the underwear, & they now suck! The quality has gone down a bit. And to add insult they went up in price!!! Now I have to find new undies somewhere else, but I've been lazy.

kmak
12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't count how many times I've "repaired" underwires that way! I've actually worn them one wire in one wire out (don't recommend that).

AngelaS
12-05-2008, 03:52 PM
You can do that? If I lose the steel girded reinforcement from one of my bras and I try to wear it--I can SEE the difference and it ain't pretty!

Wife_and_mommy
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
You can do that? If I lose the steel girded reinforcement from one of my bras and I try to wear it--I can SEE the difference and it ain't pretty!

LOL. I guess that depends on the size you're wearing. ;)

JenaW
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I actually covered one of the replaced underwires with a bandaid because it kept poking out of the bra and into my armpit and I refused to throw the stinkin' bra away. (I couldn't go without one either....I'd be noticably lopsided!). I think DH finally chucked it for me. The sad thing - it was one of my favorites that I can no longer find and it was under $10 at Walmart!! Pathetic.

J

elephantmeg
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I used to routinely sew the underwire back into my bras-I hate it when they poke!

DrSally
12-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I've actually never had a wire come out and I wear my bras into the ground. Is it b/c I put them in a mesh bag to wash or am I just really lucky?

LarsMal
12-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I've actually never had a wire come out and I wear my bras into the ground. Is it b/c I put them in a mesh bag to wash or am I just really lucky?

I've tried the mesh bag, but it didn't work for me. Maybe I should actually try washing my "delicates" on the delicate cycle!! I thought having a washer w/o an agitator would help, but that hasn't done the trick either.

salsah
12-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I actually covered one of the replaced underwires with a bandaid because it kept poking out of the bra

i did this too (wearing them w/o the wire is not an option). i refused to buy a new bra until i lost ten more lbs. it just seemed like a waste of money to buy a new bra (i can't find bras that fit me for less than $80) when hopefully it wouldn't fit me in a couple of months. well, after months of sewing the wire back in, using bandaids, and not loosing any weight, i finally caved and bought two new bras. i'm so glad i did. it feels so good. now to loose 15 lbs . . . (yes, instead of loosing ten, i gained five)

kijip
12-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I hand wash my bras and hang them to dry. Or J hand washes them. It's not like they get super dirty to begin with so a rinsing with mild soap and voila it's done. They dry fast. They last forever this way. And the hooks will destroy other things in the washing machine so this spares snags.

trentsmom
12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I've worn a bra with a wire broken in half. I'm glad it stayed inside and didn't start poking out. Also, I got so fed up with a cheapy bra I bought that I ripped out both underwires to make it more comfortable. It was either while I was pregnant or just after, so I really didn't care what the "girls" looked like! :D

elektra
12-07-2008, 02:25 AM
I hand wash my bras and hang them to dry. Or J hand washes them.
Your husband hand washes your bras?? :47:
It is a rare occurence that my DH even does a regular load of wash, much less hand wash my delicates!

I accidentally had my 2 bras go through the normal wash cycle and that's what caused my missing wire problem. I swear that even though it looks weird with just my bra on and no shirt, that it looks totally fine with my shirt on!
And now in my ultrahandwash cycle, everything is coming out fine.