PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking Babies R Us 20% off in-store coupon!

lepstei
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Has anyone seen any 20% off printable in-store coupons for Babies R Us lately? What do you think the chances are of them releasing one in the next month (pre or post holidays)?

We're getting ready to purchase a $500 glider from BRU and if we're able find a coupon, that would be a BIG help and savings! Our little guy's not due till the end of January, so we've got a little time, though I'd love to get it and get it moved into the nursery sooner than later. :love-retry:

Thanks!
Lianne

dazdance
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
They have been passing out the 15% coupons like crazy in store lately. Could you find someone that's shopped lately and grab one?

poppy
12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Did you sign up for their Rewards program? It's free to sign up.
I received a 20% off code by mail for 12/10/08 in store only from 8 to 11 pm.
It's a Member Shopping Night Special Offer.

eac
12-04-2008, 06:34 PM
you could buy one on ebay for a dollar or two

shahavchik
12-04-2008, 08:03 PM
are the 20% off coupons valid for furniture orders at BRU?

bluestarfish18
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
No, they're not good for special or phone orders.

dukie41181
12-04-2008, 10:05 PM
The coupon is good for in stock furniture though...I would call and ask if the item is in stock. I am planning to use mine to get a Glider/Rocker also and checked with the store today. Its in stock and I was told by a few associates that the coupon is valid to use on it.

lepstei
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I did sign up for the Rewards program but it was on 11/24 and I haven't gotten anything in the mail from them yet. None of the email deals I've gotten had any printable coupons for any percentage off.

Good to know that they're handing them out in the store! I'd gotten a 20% off one a few months ago at a baby fair but it has long expired.

And yes, thankfully the glider/ottoman I want is one they have in stock (or in their local warehouse - they told me they had 80 in the warehouse a few weeks ago). It's the Carter's glider/ottoman made special for BRU and it is only available in the stores, thus the online coupons won't work.

I'll keep an eye out in the mail and swing by the store! And perhaps will peruse ebay too. :) Thanks for the suggestions! :)

the2bobs
12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
If you happen to have a Buy Buy Baby coupon they may accept that--depending on the cashier you get. There's a 20% off one out there right now that doesn't expire until 12/25/08. I've also heard that BRUs will accept their own expired coupons (maybe expired up to 90 days?) You could ask at the store, but again it's hit or miss with who you get there. You could get 2 different answers by asking 2 different associates. It's very frustrating.

dukie41181
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Its my understanding that the 20% off Rewards R Us coupon was mailed with rewards certificates from early November, thus if you just signed up recently I'm not sure you'll get on. I wonder if they'd get you one somehow if you called and asked about it specifically?

Sweetum
12-11-2008, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't have known about the members' night if I hadn't read it here. I bought a Chicco playard today, and I got 20% off of it. And guess what, an additional 15% off because of a coupon they handed out last time I was there to buy at the carter's BOGO half off.

Thank you all so much, espeially Poppy :) Love this place

-SunshineAndMe

dukie41181
12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I too was thrilled when the sales lady told me you could combine the 20% and 15% coupons! I bought a glider rocker last night! I was bummed though that I'd given my mom the 15% off coupon because I had the 20%. She did tell me that you can bring back the receipt with the coupon that was valid when the purchase was made and they will do a price adjustment within 30 days! I called my mom right away and thank goodness she hadn't used it yet but planned to today! Needless to say, we are switching coupons so I can save an extra $50 off my glider! AWESOME! Hope everyone got good stuff last night! I hope they do this more often! It seemed as though they had a good turnout for the event...we had to go to 2 stores to get the rocker we wanted and the first was just overrun with customers and it was like 9:30!

lepstei
12-23-2008, 12:37 PM
That's good to know that they combine coupons - that is, if I could get my hands on some coupons! Last time I went in the store, they said they didn't have any, and in fact they were a little bit rude about it. :( And I still haven't gotten anything in the mail from signing up for the Rewards program in November. I'm hoping maybe there will be something after-Christmas. I've been holding off in buying their Carter's glider/ottoman since it's $500 and a coupon would be a big savings! But all I seem to get are tons of Toys-R-Us emails with their daily specials - but no general % off coupons good for the BRU brick-n-mortar stores...

ChefGirl
12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I just found mine 20% accidentally. I was cleaning out DH's van. It's valid in store only until tomorrow. Now I need to see what I what? A car seat maybe. Or, we do need some gates too. Too bad it's not valid on-line, otherwise I would email it to you. Hope you find some before your due date.

dukie41181
12-24-2008, 12:09 AM
20% for tomorrow only?! Thats a coupon I've never seen! Where'd you get it? Emailed? Snail mail? Please share! The only 20% coupon I got recently was the 20% off on Dec. 10th

TIA!

ChefGirl
12-24-2008, 08:28 AM
20% for tomorrow only?! Thats a coupon I've never seen! Where'd you get it? Emailed? Snail mail? Please share! The only 20% coupon I got recently was the 20% off on Dec. 10th

TIA!
I think this 20% off coupon for TRU came with their big toy book. this is valid from 10/26 to 12/24. HTH.

megulis
12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I never got a Big Toy Book! Do they have Britax Regents in store???!

brigeet
12-24-2008, 04:02 PM
The BRU website says Regents are online only. I went to a BRU inside of a TRU two nights ago and the only Britax they had was a Marathon. I'm looking for a deal on a Boulevard.