PDA

View Full Version : Babylegs lovers....

Melaine
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Heads up!
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/babylegsllc
I read on the BL website that they are discontinuing the "NotSox" line for Target so they are reducing them on Ebay. The prices on Ebay are $5 plus shipping so nothing spectacular, but I just thought you guys might want to be on the look out at Target B&M stores for markdowns on NotSox. They will be clearancing them out, I just don't know how soon.HTHS!

DrSally
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks, I just bought a bunch of BL on the recent deal posted here. I will keep a lookout at Target, as they make great gifts. BTW, I accidentally put mine in the dryer. Is that bad?

jjordan
12-04-2008, 11:35 PM
They shrink in the dryer, but if you're okay with them shrinking then you can dry them! I try not to, but eventually they'll probably all get tossed in there. Oh well.

Jill

DrSally
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh well. DD doesn't have incredibly chunky legs. My thought too, they will all get tossed in the dryer, if not by me, by DH, eventually.

cheaperthanmost
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I know my son went through a very chunky stage and the baby legs were a wee bit tight, but kids thin out as soon as they start crawling and walking and then they fit great again for several years

Melaine
12-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I've hand-washed mine so far, but that is getting old. I may start cold washing and line-drying them instead. I think hand washing is recommended.

The Review Mommy
12-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey, I noticed our Target stopped carrying them MONTHS ago...

I was searching for the Robeez knock offs and spotted some Babyleg knock offs right there. They were Circo brand and called "legwarmers". They also had Trumpette knockoffs in the Circo brand (Little socks that look like shoes) Mary Janes, Ballet etc in packs of three bundled together and hanging up near the Robeez.

Looks like Target is going for knockoffs using their own Circo brand. I have bought many of the Circo brand "legwarmers" and "trumpette" type socks. I have B/G twins who are 15 months and they still refuse to wear anything remotely like "shoes". I have washed, dryed in whatever way I have time for and everything is holding up fine. In fact its all SO cheap. The legwarmes and socks pack cost less then $4 and when you have twins every little bit helps. They practialy wear the leg warmers everyday. I recomend the Circo brand, I see no difference in quality, but only in price. So dont feel the need to rush and buy the Not Socks! Save and spend else were JMO, Its the holidays!;)

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I'm a bit busy with Christmas parties and such this weekend but should be back up on Monday.

Melaine
12-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I was a little disappointed in how my Circo brand legwarmers have held up. They have worn pretty quickly, but I did machine wash them. However, I did think they were worth $4!!! But I've found Babylegs on sale for $5-$6 pretty regularly so I definitely think that's worth it! I am just a sucker for all the patterns....

mspersnickity
12-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I did not find the Circo Trumpette knock-offs to have the magical staying on properties of real Trumpettes.

mommysammi
12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
I've only tried the Circo brand and they pill like crazy. I do machine wash them though... I don't mind spending more on BL's if they don't pill. TIA.

vahnessuh
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM
ditto on the circo brand. i do machine wash them but on the gentle cycle... but only after one wash, it's pretty worn. i pretty annoyed with them, actually. sure, it's only 4 bucks but it's not worth it coz i have to buy new ones after 3-4 washes!

i just bought about 7 pairs of babylegs from that secret sale deal so i'm hoping they're so much better than the circo brand.

if anyone knows of babylegs deals, please let me know. i'd love to get more and give them away... but only if they're 5-6 bucks. if it's more than that, i'll pass.

jjordan
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I machine wash my Babylegs and they hold up really well. The reason hand washing is recommended is because other things in the wash could snag them. So, I wash them inside a zippered lingerie bag. Which theoretically makes it easier to remember to keep them out of the dryer. :)

Jill

Melaine
12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Good idea, it's worth it to keep them in good shape, especially an item that can be worn for years to come.