PDA

View Full Version : BeAll or BeTween for a first-timer?

lmh2402
12-06-2008, 11:24 AM
hi, there

i'm a first-time-mom-to-be

which JJB would you recommend - BeAll or BeTween?

knowing myself, i like to make sure i have "enough stuff"...am always stashing extra something in my purse...just in case

BUT...i also tend to end up with a purse that feels like it weighs a million pounds and then i find some random "just-in-case" bottle of water at the bottom three weeks later...that i never used. forgot i had. and was just lugging for the fun of carrying more weight.

so...should i try to contain myself by going BeTween? or is the BeAll a better option for a newborn?

thanks!

Snow mom
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I got a BeTween as my "small" diaper bag for DD (for outings of a few hours) and a BeSpicy for my "large" bag. I'm not a magnet fan so I don't really care for the BeAll. You can find IRL pictures of the bags and what people get packed in them on the JJB Pink Room site: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/.

~Lisa

lmh2402
12-08-2008, 12:09 AM
thanks for replying!

can you clarify what you mean by "not a magnet fan"?

i'm a little confused...do you mean that the BeAll has a magnet closure? that's the only thing i could come up with...

sorry if this is a stupid question

tnrnchick74
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
I would go with the Be All...or a bigger bag in general. You need quite as bit of stuff for a newborn, but the JJB bags are NOT bottomless pits!

Another great alternative is the Be Spicy or the Packabee. The Packabee does NOT have to be worn as a backpack all the time - it's more vertical than a Be All...and a little bit lighter.

pastrygirl
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm a light packer, but the BeTween would've been too small for me for the first 6 to 9 months. I had a non-JJB bag that was similar in size to the Packabe in the beginning, and it was just the right size for me. Though I don't think I would've liked the Packabe at that point because it's a big, deep hole. I have a Be Spicy but it's too big for my needs right now. I think I'll use it when I have a newborn again.

Do you have a Nordstrom nearby? Mine has the Be All, Packabe, and Be Spicy. It was a good place to start, to compare them. Then I purchased online either in the Pink Room (JJB forum) or from one of the e-tailers.

dewfish
01-07-2009, 12:48 PM
I think the BeTween would be too small. I love my BeAll. It's very versatile, and tough. The magnet is on the flap to keep it closed.

cndnveggie
01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
If you tend to pack a lot, I think the Between would be too small. I love my Between, but I can't pack too much stuff. I cloth diaper, so I can fit in 2 cloth diapers, a wipes case, a wet bag, a change of clothes, sunscreen, snack trap, and a few toys in the main compartment, comfortably. More than that, and the bag starts to feel stuffed.

I know many people love the Packabe - I tried it and didn't love the style personally, but it did hold a ton! I think I posted some photos - let me go find the link: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307493

You can see pics of the Packabe further down the first page, and pics of the Between on the second page.

I also bought a BRB, which I'm going to use as for day-trips, and I love the organization of it! The bottom pocket is way bigger than I expected and holds a ton, which leaves the top pocket free for other stuff. If you want a backpack style, I'd check that out too.

Good luck :)