PDA

View Full Version : Facebook search question

mamica
12-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm new to facebook, and I'm trying to learn all the security/privacy details. When you use Friend Finder to look for a friend, that friend will see that you're looking for them. But if you just do a search (all while logged in), they won't know you're looking? Or are these 2 things one and the same?

Thanks!

lowrioh
12-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm new to facebook, and I'm trying to learn all the security/privacy details. When you use Friend Finder to look for a friend, that friend will see that you're looking for them. But if you just do a search (all while logged in), they won't know you're looking? Or are these 2 things one and the same?

Thanks!

If you use friend finder and you don't click "add as friend" they don't know you searched for them regardless of whether you are logged on or not.
Some people have their security/privacy settings set to public and if that is the case, you can look at their entire profile with out them knowing it.
HTH

StantonHyde
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
How can you search for someone by name and location? Not school or business--but something like Spokane, Washington or female/male? Any way to narrow down the results?