PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Bitty Baby Bed- quality of furniture?

nm8976
12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I was looking to purchase the bitty baby bed and trundle for my daughter. Does anyone have it or any opinions on the AG furniture? How does it compare to the beds made by PBK?

Thanks.
Nicole

SheriRae
12-07-2008, 06:50 AM
The difference is AG Bitty Baby furniture is plastic and Pbk is wood. We have the AG highchair but the Pbk doll bed. My dd loves both. I guess in my mind if I'm paying that much money I prefer the wood.

I was recently in an AG store and looked at the Bitty baby furniture and it was all wicked cute. I would call AG and ask what the trundle is made of. And if it makes a difference to you make your decision from there.

nm8976
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Thank you so much for your response. From looking at the picture of the bed on the internet- I assumed it was wood. I was shocked when I called and they said it wasn't. I ** think I ** prefer to have a wooden bed for my daughter to use as a doll bed. I wish I could see the other one before making a final decision- but there isn't a store around me. Thanks again.

SheriRae
12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Are you still thinking of the PBK doll bed? We have a number of things from PBK...doll bed, ironing board, pie cabinet (no plastic) and I've been very happy with the quality.

This year's PBK doll bed is different than last year's....last year was a sleigh bed which is beautiful (this is the bed my dd has.) I haven't seen this year's doll bed in person. What about the PBK cradle? I've seen that and it's really nice.

As I mentioned before I've seen all the Bitty Baby furniture in person and it's ALL very cute. The quality is really good. If you can get past the price knowing it's not wood.

WatchingThemGrow
12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Our 2nd hand Bitty Baby Bed (no trundle) was plastic, and the screws would come out of the plastic making the whole thing fall apart. DH was not impressed with the screws sticking out and threw the whole thing in the trash. He said it must be replaced with a wooden one if DD gets another one.