PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide! Which dollhouse would you pick for the price?

MMMommy
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
DDs have been begging for a Barbie-size dollhouse (even though they weren't into their smaller scale dollhouse last Xmas). They made it clear that Barbie-size is what they want. My parents are going to get them one to share for Xmas.

Which would you pick?

The Kidkraft So Chic is reduced to $129.97 ($140 total, tax included) at my local Costco. It was originally much pricier than that. I think $170 or more in-store originally and $219 online. Has 360 degrees of play, rolls on casters, 50 pieces of furniture, and it is HUGE. Huge may or may not be a good thing. It's this one here: http://tinyurl.com/6azzfk

The Kidkraft Glamour is $119 (tax and shipping included). This dollhouse goes against the wall, is tall, isn't deep, includes 21 pieces of furniture.
Same as this one (but cheaper through Costco): http://tinyurl.com/68jr2p

So the So Chic one is obviously a better deal. It's $20 more, but includes way more furniture and is huge (again, that may or may not be a good thing). The Glamour one is in the traditional Kidkraft style of dollhouse. We can make space for either. I know that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. Both are large, but the So Chic one happens to be deeper. Both are space takers, for sure.

Please help! Which would you choose between the two?

egoldber
12-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Well they are both really big. Do you have a space large enough for the first one to be in the middle of the room? If it's going to be against a wall anyway, then the 2 sided-ness of the first one is a waste.

The wooden Plan dollhouse I have for Sarah is probably half that size and I think it's too big. JMO.

Ceepa
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
That first one is a good deal for the price but it's a monster-size house! lol If you want to move it from one room to another or move it out of the way when interest wanes that could be an issue. You have to ask if DDs saw the second one and never knew the first existed would they be just as happy? Would you?

mariza
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I think the first one offers more play value. Yes, it's big, but perhaps you could roll it into a corner or another room when not in use. I really like the open sides so that they can play together without being ontop of each other. They could even have freinds play comfortably with them.

bubbaray
12-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Well they are both really big. Do you have a space large enough for the first one to be in the middle of the room? If it's going to be against a wall anyway, then the 2 sided-ness of the first one is a waste.

:yeahthat:

We have the Kidcraft one like the 2nd one you posted, only the version that is a couple years old. It is PLENTY big enough for both my DDs to play with. We have it up against a wall, so the 2 sided feature of the first one would be a complete waste.