PDA

View Full Version : mattresses in Canada?

tarnator
12-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I would like to pick up the Colgate Classic mattress that gets good reviews here, but can't find any local vendors. Has anyone seen one in CAN? Especially in the Vancouver area?

Otherwise, I am open to suggestions!

EllasMum
12-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Hmm. Not too sure but you could call the mattress company and ask them who carries their products in Canada (specifically Vancouver).

tarnator
12-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Duh. Good idea!
I have sent off an email and will post back if they are able to come up with something close to me.

bubbaray
12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm 99% sure they are not sold in Canada.

Steph
12-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately, it is impossible to find them in Canada and I even dont think it is possible to have a colgate mattress shipped from the U.S because the shipping weight would make your mattress a very very expensive one.

I am lucky I live in Vancouver so I got one from accross the border last year in a small town called Lynden, Washington. And that was when the Can$ was worth US$1.09.

So if you dont live far away from the border you could always do a store location search on the colgate website and drive there.

if you do get one, just be careful coming back to Canada with customs. make sure to tell them the mattress is new otherwise they ask you for a fumigation certificate (!!!!)

Good Luck !

tarnator
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
OK,
Thanks Steph. i won't expect much from emailing the company then. I do live in Vancouver too, but I have been put on bedrest, so I won't be able to go across the border to pick up a mattress.

....Hey, wait a minute....my MIL wanted me to order her a battery and was planning to go across the border, maybe I will see if she can pick up a mattress too!

tarnator
12-14-2008, 12:16 AM
In case anyone else is wondering - I did receive an email from the company. There are no vendors in Vancouver. Boo.