PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Positioner

ebjw
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I've searched the forum but didn't see any recent views on sleep positioners. I never registered for one, but received one by Sassy. I thought I heard that these are dangerous because baby could squirm down and suffocate with their face along side it. What is the latest news on these?

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I know that on a few SIDS' sites they say to avoid them and the AAP says that nothing should be in the crib. I think they are suffocation risks. Also, some of the newest thinking on SIDS is that if baby is breathing too much stale air, air rich in CO2, that might be a possible cause. So, the positioner could block fresh air.

Mostly it seems like baby should just be allowed to sleep how they are comfortable, imo. If they can get themselves in the position they are probably ok that way. :)

Beth

maggieloop
12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I have 3 girls--5yr, 33 months and 16 months. We never used the positioners with any of them and IMO they are a waste of money. If you want to make sure your baby stays in one spot, you can roll a couple of receiving blankets and put them snug up to baby's sides. This will also help if they are in a crib because it will make them feel more secure.

Did you get a gift receipt? You could always exchange it for something that you would actually use.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Skip it! I never used mine.

zag95
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Used receiving blankets.... got sleep positioners from a friend... but never used it!