PDA

View Full Version : A salute to a real hero - the nanny who saved 2 yr old Moshe

citymama
12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
This woman is amazing, a true hero. Sandra Samuel is the working class, Indian nanny of little 2 yr old Moshe, the darling baby whose parents were brutally killed by terrorists in Mumbai 2 weeks ago. I have been blown away by her bravery and complete commitment to this little boy. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10987236&ch=4226714&src=news

I hadn't seen any interviews with her so far, so I thought I would share. The little boy is just adorable - it is quite heart-breaking to watch. I am sure the family is giving thanks in so many ways for Sandra - that she had the guts and presence of mind to save him and continues to be by his side half-way across the world as his primary caregiver - in fact, leaving her own (grown) children behind in India.

:candle: and blessings for Moshe and all those who lost their parents and families during the horrific attacks. And here's hoping for peace and sanity during these troubled times.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Wow! You can tell she truly loves the boy. But it's heartbreaking to hear her talk about a parents love.

graciebellesmomma
12-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, truly amazing woman!

MamaKath
12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Amazing woman!!! A true example of unconditional love at a time in history when love often seems disposable. She is truly a hero!

MamaMolly
12-07-2008, 04:18 PM
She is so brave!

HannaAddict
12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
The poor baby. Thank goodness he had this women to save him and comfort him as much as she can.

egoldber
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I couldn't read much of the stuff about him because if just broke my heart to think of that poor little boy losing his parents like that. :( I did wonder how he was rescued though. Family of a friend knew the rabbi and his wife and it just breaks my heart.

DrSally
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh, what a sweet little boy! I was just heartbroken when I read about it in the paper. The nanny is amazing. Thank goodness he has her to have some continuity in his life. It's just so sad to even think about. DH worked in Mumbi for a year, and I visited him several times. He is very familiar with the Taj and OBeroi.