PDA

View Full Version : DIY stocking holders?

maestramommy
12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Okay, I totally scored some wool knit stockings at a consignment gallery for less than $3 each. I am now extremely reluctant to buy holders that cost 4 times as much. I googled DIY stocking holders but I haven't had any luck. Has anyone made their own before that was strong enough to hold a filled stocking? I'm thinking maybe Christmas mugs filled with rocks or something, but then I don't know how to attach the stocking loop to the handle. Too complicated?

misshollygolightly
12-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Just now noticed this thread and was intrigued...unfortunately I don't have any advice, but I thought I'd bump it up for you! FWIW, I've never found *any* stocking holders that could hold a filled stocking...Santa usually leaves the filled stockings on the breakfast table :wink2: I guess you could spray paint some bricks gold or something and paint each person's name on one and try to rig up something that way, but otherwise I dunno!

fattytuna
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I guess you could spray paint some bricks gold or something and paint each person's name on one

What a cute idea - I ordered our stockings late this year so they just arrived today and of course I have no holders. I was going to go buy those photo frames with hooks, but now I might go find some big round rock and paint it into something fun like a ladybug or something. Thanks for the suggestion!

tny915
12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe something like this?
http://www.christmascovedesigns.com/eShop/10Browse.asp?Category=Sock%20Hooks&gclid=CIe_ssbD1ZcCFSAUagod5FUnEA

Hmm, maybe you could make it out of a piece of wire hanger and stick some sort of endcap on the wire to keep it from scratching your mantle?