PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Personalization WWYD

AbbysMom
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I have 3 monogrammed stockings from PBK: one each for my husband, myself and DD1. I went to place an order for a 4th stocking for DD2 and her name is too long! It only allows 8 characters and hers is nine. She has no nickname. Our old ones are new and too expensive to get rid of. I'm freaking out! Any suggestions?

nrp
12-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe just buy the stocking without monogramming and then take it to a local store to get it monogrammed yourself? They probably can come pretty close to matching your existing stockings and I bet they can squeeze in nine letters, or reduce the size of the letters a bit to make them all fit.

Mamma2004
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I have 3 monogrammed stockings from PBK: one each for my husband, myself and DD1. I went to place an order for a 4th stocking for DD2 and her name is too long! It only allows 8 characters and hers is nine. She has no nickname. Our old ones are new and too expensive to get rid of. I'm freaking out! Any suggestions?

That is absurd! My name has 9 letters and we received monogrammed stockings from Pottery Barn when we got married over 11 years ago. We married in August but received the stockings in November of that year. They are EXACTLY the same as the stocking we purchased for DS when he was born. Moreover, I ordered four more on Black Friday since we will be blessed to have all four grandparents at our house this Christmas morning.

Anyway, please call them and feel free to mention that they did a lovely job of monogramming "Stephanie" on mine. :wink2:

Best of luck - I know how frustrating it must be!

Tanya
12-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I have the quilted ones and my daughter's name is Annabelle (which is 9 letters). I bought them in 2006 I believe.

brittone2
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
If you can't get them to do it, I agree with the idea of trying to find someone who does embroidery locally. I'm sure they could get quite close on the font.

specialp
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
So unfair . . . I'm 9 letters (including a space), too. The tailor who works on my jeans and suits does monogramming as well. That may be a better option than trying to convince them to do more letters (which they may outsource anyway).

Melbel
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Maybe just buy the stocking without monogramming and then take it to a local store to get it monogrammed yourself? They probably can come pretty close to matching your existing stockings and I bet they can squeeze in nine letters, or reduce the size of the letters a bit to make them all fit.

This is what we had to do for DD1 and DD2. If PBK would do it, their prices were less than taking it to a shop in town, not to mention easier.

ccather
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
What about calling their customer Service? You never know what they may be able to do for you!

Laurel
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I also have an "Annabelle" who has a PB stocking. I know they won't put her name on the chairs (we had to just put her nickname "AB"), but I'd call and ask about the stocking. They may make an exception, considering.

AbbysMom
12-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Well I just called customer service. They said the quilted stockings only allow 8 characters. The velvet stockings hold 10 characters. My daughters name has 9 :( But I definitely want the quilted one so I ordered it without the monogramming and after Christmas, I'll have to cart it around to places to be monogrammed if it can be done that way. Thanks everyone! I had a minor meltdown there for a minute!

Laurel
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Well I just called customer service. They said the quilted stockings only allow 8 characters. The velvet stockings hold 10 characters. My daughters name has 9 :( But I definitely want the quilted one so I ordered it without the monogramming and after Christmas, I'll have to cart it around to places to be monogrammed if it can be done that way. Thanks everyone! I had a minor meltdown there for a minute!

Mine is quilted (with 9 letters). How silly that they changed this. What a pain!

Sillygirl
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I would think two lower case Ls would be the equivalent of a single W. Sheesh. I thought companies were scrambling for business these days!

belovedgandp
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM

I just got the stocking back for my younger son and it looks great. PBK stopped carrying the stockings I broke down and bought for DH, older son, and myself in 2006. I bought one off e-bay. I took my older son's to a local lady who does embroidery out of her home. She was able to match the font and thread color without a problem. Cost $8.

KBecks
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM

You should be able to find an embroidery shop or person w/a machine no problem. I found a lady who lives a couple miles from my house who did it in her home in her sewing workshop for maybe $10.

LarsMal
12-08-2008, 12:16 AM

I bought 3 stockings when we had DS (b/c I knew there was a chance we'd have 3 and I didn't know if they'd still have the quilted stockings :) ). I had someone else monogram DD's and I just left DS's with her so she could see the font and color. It came out great- very close to DS's.

GL!