PDA

View Full Version : ISO of deals on shipped food

frugalmom
12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I am hoping one of you can point me in the direction of some deals on shipped food.
My brother lives 2 thousands miles away and he and his gf are having some hard times.
I would love to send them food to help out. Any good deals?
Any kind of food is fine. Just looking to send the most for my money.

Thanks.

jgenie
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Have you looked at Amazon? They often have groceries on sale that are eligible for free shipping.

TahliasMom
12-08-2008, 05:01 AM
where do they live? do they have safeway grocery stores (west coast). you can order online. also u can do GC to local grocery stores, maybe check the website? otherwise amazon is the only other place.

maiaann
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
What about a gift certificate to a grocery store in his neighborhood? I know Safeway & the Kroger family (Dillon's, King Soopers, Food 4 Less, etc.) all offer gift cards in various denominations.

porchswinger
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
There are other shop online delivery services for local groceries, in addition to Safeway. Peapod is one I have used. I actually like both services but I'd say Peapod is a little smoother in its interface.

Netgrocer ships.

Harris Teeter lets you order online and pick up local curbside. There may be other options in your brother's local area.

porchswinger
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Found this list:
http://mashable.com/2008/06/05/online-grocery-shopping/

lindaana
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
They're usually pretty pricey, but Omaha Steaks is having a pretty good sale right now and they ship everything frozen and its super easy to prepare. Just another suggestion :)