PDA

View Full Version : Any awesome highchair deals?

kijip
12-08-2008, 01:56 AM
One of the families we (ie me and my friends) are buying for from my organization's holiday program has a 10 month old and wants a high chair, specifically with a tray and seat pad (so I am not getting the Ikea ones). We have $400 for this whole family, and that includes an older sibling (so clothes and toys for each kid)+ parent gifts+ gift card to grocery store so I would like to spend no more than $50 on the highchair. Anyone see any good deals recently that fit that budget?

srhs
12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Does it have to stand alone or could they do the FP Space Saver?

Also, I saw a $30 one on Overstock. Don't know if it's junk? KMart carries the same one for the same price.
http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Cosco-Beginnings-Simple-Start-High-Chair/3235723/product.html

ha98ed14
12-08-2008, 02:13 AM
I would find out if they would be ok with this:
http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B0000DEW8N
It is 1000 times better than one of those bulky high chairs that take up so much floor space. Its easy to clean, no cracks or crevices. And it would be perfect for a 10 mo old because baby can sit up. We never even got a high chair, just started using this when DD could sit up. You can put the try directly into the dishwasher or it actually will fit in the kitchen sink to be washed, so no water running everywhere. I have been very happy with it and we have had it almost 9 mo.

kijip
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Does it have to stand alone or could they do the FP Space Saver?

That is going to be my back up plan if I can't find a regular one. I have one from a shower someone threw me still in the box that I can wrap up if I can't find one in time and then I can buy the Space Saver for myself again closer to when I need it. I am going to go look at the ones at KMart. Thanks for the tip.

srhs
12-08-2008, 02:20 AM
That is going to be my back up plan if I can't find a regular one. I have one from a shower someone threw me still in the box that I can wrap up if I can't find one in time and then I can buy the Space Saver for myself again closer to when I need it. I am going to go look at the ones at KMart. Thanks for the tip.

That's very generous of you! You might call KM first to be sure in stock. They are hit-and-miss, IME.

edited to fix: There's a coupon on their site right now that says "today only" but that means Sunday so it's more like "now only." lol

One more thought--BRU Online has some Graco $40 ones. You get a free shipping code when you sign up for the Rewards program online. The "start date" on the coupon is the following day, IME. If you've already joined, maybe one of your friends hasn't yet?

lowrioh
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Check Odd Lots....I seem to remember seeing some Graco Meal time chairs there the last time.