PDA

View Full Version : Christmas card/new baby wording help?

sarahsthreads
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
OK, we didn't send out birth announcements for DD2, so I'd like to somehow acknowledge her in our holiday photo cards. Does anyone have any suggestion for a quote or something I can say on them that's better than "Santa's bringing gifts for two this year!" which was the best I could come up with?

Theoretically everyone who we send cards to *has* heard by now that we have a second DD, so it's not so much an announcement as something cutesy to say about it... Help?

Sarah :)

WatchingThemGrow
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
We just did the standard "We Welcome With Love.... Baby X, stats" on a red/green card from Shutterfly last year. We chose a card with one large picture for baby, and 2 smaller ones for dh/me and for DD. We didn't do cutesy, but it covered both the birth announcement and the CC.

LarsMal
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
We held off on holiday cards when DD was born and sent out a combo Happy New Year, baby announcement.

I put a family photo of us with DD in the middle and on either side was a picture of the kids individually.

For the message I put something like, "Wishing you a happy and healthy 2007. Love, C, J, L, and Introducing Mallory Claire" I had enough room to put her birthday and weight/height, so I added that on there, too.

I was very happy with it.

annasmom
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
No advice, but please let me know what you end up doing!!

I am having this baby in 2 days. I haven't spent much energy trying to figure this out yet, because I am waiting to come home from the hospital to attempt a photo session. But it is definitely on my to-do list as soon as I get home!