PDA

View Full Version : Melissa & Doug Wood Dollhouse - $56 shipped

captobey
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
This was on sale the other day for $79 and it's now $55.99.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0016MWWRU/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

jillc
12-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if this dollhouse would accomodate Barbie doll sized dolls?

Am considering getting a wooden dollhouse for DCs, but want to be sure it'll work with the Mary Poppins (barbie-sized) dolls they're getting for x-mas.

Looks like it's too small, but thought I'd ask...

Thanks!
Jill

MMMommy
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=jillc]Does anyone know if this dollhouse would accomodate Barbie doll sized dolls?/QUOTE]

I really don't think it will fit Barbie-sized dolls. It looks like it fits the Plan Toys/Ryan Room doll size (4-5"). The furniture would be way too small for Barbie-size.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Ahhhhh. .... I really want the PLAN Toys Chalet, but his is sooooo tempting!!!! I think the Plan one still wins out though! Thanks OP for helping me exercise my shopping self control! :wink2:

Club924
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
i bought it last thursday at $59.99 and it arrived on saturday...that's what i call FAST shipping! i heart amazon!

Melbel
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Multi-Level-Solid-Dollhouse/dp/B0016MWWRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1228952526&sr=8-1

Melissa & Doug Multi-Level Solid Wood Dollhouse
List Price: $159.99
Price: $49.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
You Save: $110.00 (69%)

veronica
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I am so beyond tempted on buying this and saving for next year but sadly, fear that DH and the UPS driver may gang up on me and kill me! Plus, I have not done my "research" on this type of dollhouse to know what DD might be better off with.

Hope some of you get this deal. let me know if it is worth buying ahead or just waiting til next year.....

MMMommy
12-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Oooooh. $49.99 is a really good price. Don't need it though.

CAM7
12-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Got it for 49.99! Could not resist! Thank you captobey!

corrie23
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Ugh....I am so torn. DD#1 has been asking for a doll house for over a year. We have very limited space in the house though, and I'm not sure if this house would be too babyish for her (she's almost 6) to get sufficient play value. The deal is hard to pass up, but even $50 isn't a bargain if she doesn't like it. So, will this be the bargain of the season or should I pass and wait until we can afford something more sophisticated?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I am debating, too. I REALLY want the Plan Toys Chalet, but it is closer to $150 furnished. I think the Plan one is more attractive sitting in your house, but since Plan is a smaller co. you can't find deals like this.... Oh, what to do!!!

elbert
12-11-2008, 08:04 PM
It's down to $47.99 -- I did buy it last night for $49.99, but I'm not going to kick myself over $2 (though I'm not going to let myself check anymore...)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-13-2008, 07:37 PM
I did it! I got the M&D house. For $48 shipped it was literally irresistible, I just know the Plan one will always be at least $100ish. DD is 19 months, so it will be in my closet for awhile...

Maxlee
12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I purchased one last night and it came today!! That must be the fastest I have ever gotten anything shipped for FREE! Anyway the dollhouse did not appear to come with the family. I didn't open the box but the outer box says nothing about including people (and they are not pictured on the box). I called amazon and they are sending me a new one, and she says they will make sure the people are included before they send it (and I should send this one back). Has anyone else received theirs? Did it have the family??

MMMommy
12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyway the dollhouse did not appear to come with the family. I didn't open the box but the outer box says nothing about including people (and they are not pictured on the box).

The Amazon description says it comes with the family. It says "This charming house comes complete with a family of five, folk-art style dolls..." So it should come with it, unless Amazon's description is wrong.

Maxlee
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Amazon agrees it should come with the family - i was just wondering if I was the only one to get one w/out a family? Or if the family was inside the box and not mentioned on the box?

buddyleebaby
12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Amazon agrees it should come with the family - i was just wondering if I was the only one to get one w/out a family? Or if the family was inside the box and not mentioned on the box?

I haven't opened the box yet, but it says on the side "multi-level solid wood dollhouse with family".

Maxlee
12-13-2008, 11:00 PM
the brown cardboard box said that, inside was a melissa and doug box (exactly like the one on this website http://www.netshops.com/cart/shopper.cfm?action=view&key=MAD083&tid=MAD083&source=channel_intelligence_gbase&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=MAD083-1, click on the last small picture to see) - no sign of a family

buddyleebaby
12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I'll go open mine.

buddyleebaby
12-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Nope, no family!

I opened the inner box just to be sure.

What a PITA, I guess I am calling them now.
Thanks for posting!

buddyleebaby
12-13-2008, 11:35 PM
FYI- They've changed the description on Amazon. It doesn't say anything about the family of dolls anymore. They are sending me a replacement that should include the dolls but I had to argue my point a little.
Also the replacement is slated to arrive between Dec.18th and 22nd (the original arrived the day after I ordered) so anyone who hasn't checked their box should do so ASAP if you need it for a Holiday.

just_teachin
12-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Good catch, ladies!!! I hope everything will shake out in the end for those of you who bought it!

teetee
12-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Same thing happened to me. I ordered when the Amazon description said "Family of 5 dolls" and it came with no family. So I called and she said they would ship me one with a family so I sent the original back. The new one came and still no family so I called again and they just credited me $20.00 and I bought the family of 7 dolls from Amazon.

Club924
12-14-2008, 01:49 AM
is the only way to get the family is to send the entire dollhouse back? are we responsible for paying the shipping? i'm going to call now b/c i ordered on the 4th and received the house on the 6th. the outer box does say "dollhouse w/family" but the dollhouse box itself has no pic of the family...just the furniture.

Club924
12-14-2008, 02:06 AM
good gracious! just got off the phone with CS...will have to ship the box back and they will send a replacement....scheduled to arrive dec 18-22, just as the PP mentioned. ummm...why couldn't they just send me the family? guess i should've asked that, but she had already processed the replacement and i wanted to get off the phone. argh!

teetee
12-14-2008, 02:07 AM
No you do not have to pay the shipping to send it back but there is really no point in sending it back cause they can't send you one with a family (because it doesn't exist apparently). I would just call and try to get a credit or see if they will send you the family for free.

buddyleebaby
12-14-2008, 02:08 AM
good gracious! just got off the phone with CS...will have to ship the box back and they will send a replacement....scheduled to arrive dec 18-22, just as the PP mentioned. ummm...why couldn't they just send me the family? guess i should've asked that, but she had already processed the replacement and i wanted to get off the phone. argh!

I did ask and she said she couldn't do that, I had to send the whole thing back.
We'll see what happens!

melissaflorida
12-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Wait!!! thank to you Ladies I checked my box and NO dolls either.

EXCEPT: She tried having me ship the box back BUT I said no way and she had me order the family of dolls online while talking to her. She then refunded my money of $ 24.46 that included shipping. Took less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

Here is the confirmation email: Greetings from Amazon.com.

I've requested a refund of $24.46 to the payment method you used for your original purchase. This refund should go through within 2 to 3 business days. You should see it as a credit on your next statement.

HTH,

Melissa

melissaflorida
12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Also, my order says the Family of dolls will be here by the 19th.

Tinkerbell313
12-14-2008, 10:42 AM
FYI- They've changed the description on Amazon. It doesn't say anything about the family of dolls anymore. They are sending me a replacement that should include the dolls but I had to argue my point a little.
Also the replacement is slated to arrive between Dec.18th and 22nd (the original arrived the day after I ordered) so anyone who hasn't checked their box should do so ASAP if you need it for a Holiday.

I just went on Amazon's site today (Dec. 14th), the description does still read that it comes with a family of dolls...scroll down past Product Features where it has the description.

Product Description
Amazon.com Review
With its all-wood construction and handcrafted style, the Melissa and Doug Multi-level Wooden Dollhouse offers long-lasting, superior quality that has the potential to last for generations. This charming house comes complete with a family of five, folk-art style dolls and 19 pieces of all-wood furniture. Recommended for children ages three and up, this classic, timeless dollhouse encourages hours of imaginative fun.

Hmmmmm...what to do...order it knowing it doesn't or order it and ask for the dolls.

melissaflorida
12-14-2008, 10:56 AM
It actually works out better. The Family of Dolls that are sold separate that Amazon is giving for free is for 7 dolls. The one's that were supposed to be included were for a set of 5 dolls.

Truly it only took a total of 5 minutes to get it accomplished on the phone.

Once i told her I was not shipping it back that I wanted to just get the dolls it was no problem whatsoever.

~Melissa

bandklangley
12-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Man! I am so weak! I totally caved and bought one. If it doesn't include the dolls I hope I can get them once it arrives. Now I have to try and explain the package to DH :D
Planning to put it away for my DD's birthday in July. She's only 16mths at the moment and wouldn't appreciate it. And has so much for Christmas already.

Thanks OP

Maxlee
12-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I just called amazon to try to get them to just send me the just the dolls (again). I asked if i could order them online and he could refund me the money - he said no and assured me they would send me a new dollhouse w/ dolls monday. He said he "documented my concerns" and they would make sure I got dolls . . . I guess we will see what happens.

It doesn't look like the doll family is in stock from Amazon :(

melissaflorida
12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, it was just no problem at all when I called. Just in case this helps someone here is the exact email from Amazon confirming.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I've requested a refund of $24.46 to the payment method you used for your original purchase. This refund should go through within 2 to 3 business days. You should see it as a credit on your next statement.

You can also view completed refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link on the top right-hand side of the Amazon.com homepage and clicking "View Recent and Open Orders" in the Orders section. Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

The new order no for dolls is -105-4707903-xxxxx. The order is placed with a third party seller that's why I am not able to remove the shipping charges, I've refunded the complete order cost to the original mode of payment.

We always strive to provide a high level of service, and we would appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we resolved your inquiry.

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=yyycgraf3313637675&q=pf

If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=yyycgraf3313637675&q=pf

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Nisha N
http://www.amazon.com
=============================

corrie23
12-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Well....I called and was told that since the doll family ships from a third party seller and not from Amazon directly that they cannot refund me the cost. What she could do was note my account with a "promotion" in the amount of the charge ($24.46) and that will be deducted from my next order with Amazon. As it happens, I ordered 2 doll houses (one for us, one for a family in need) so I now have almost $50 in "promotions." That's fine since I order from Amazon fairly frequently, I'm just crossing my fingers that the promotion actually posts and credits like it's supposed to and that I don't end up out the cost of the dolls (I'd be mighty miffed).

just_teachin
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
What's really odd is that there are consumer pics (in the upper left hand corner under the main pic) that shows the family of five, along with the furniture... I'm glad you're all getting your dolls, though! It makes the value all the better!

porchswinger
12-15-2008, 11:19 AM
I haven't opened our box yet since the girls have been around. If they're not there, I'd prefer not to have to ship back. It just seems like such a waste of resources to ship the entire thing twice, even if it is taken care of by Amazon. If amazon won't ship dolls or credit the purchase, did anyone call M+D instead of Amazon?

melissaflorida
12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
The people that got the dolls said they were bubble wrapped with the furniture.

~Meliss

Maxlee
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
The people that got the dolls said they were bubble wrapped with the furniture.

~Meliss

did it mention the dolls on the m&d box??

chlobo
12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok. What did you folks say to Amazon on the phone to get satisfaction? They are telling me that there is no dolls mentioned in the description now so I'm out of luck.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok. What did you folks say to Amazon on the phone to get satisfaction? They are telling me that there is no dolls mentioned in the description now so I'm out of luck.

With its all-wood construction and handcrafted style, the Melissa and Doug Multi-level Wooden Dollhouse offers long-lasting, superior quality that has the potential to last for generations. This charming house comes complete with a family of five, folk-art style dolls and 19 pieces of all-wood furniture. Recommended for children ages three and up, this classic, timeless dollhouse encourages hours of imaginative fun.

That is their description.

teetee
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
When I ordered (a couple weeks ago) the description did say "with family of 5 dolls" and it said so on my order so they could see that. If you ordered after they changed the description and the "title" of the toy then I'm not sure if you will be able to get them to cough up the dolls.

To be fair, when it did say "with family..." the price was $79.99 and then when the description changed, the price went down to $55 or whatever it was. I'm pretty sure that's when the price dropped.

Good luck though!

teetee
12-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, their website is confusing. What I'm talking about is the bold title at the top of the page. It used to say, "Melissa & Doug Multi-Level Solid Wood Dollhouse with Family of 5 dolls"

and now there is no mention of the dolls on that part of the page but if you scroll down to the Amazon review it does say "dolls".

I would still try to call and argue your point since it's so conflicting.

bandklangley
12-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Just got mine in the mail. I was happy when I saw 'with family' on the outside of the brown box it came in - then concerned again when the M&D box didn't have 'family' written anywhere on it. Luckily I opened it up and found the family of dolls with the furniture like other posters said. Thank goodness I don't have to go through all the hassle of chasing them up!
Thank you OP!