PDA

View Full Version : Is there a lighter double stroller for a 4 and 1 year old that is pleasant to push?

smilequeen
12-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a 38 lb 4 year old who likes a place to sit when we're out all day and a 23 lb 16 month old. We've been using a Phil and Teds and we love it, but DS1 is getting pretty tall for it and DS2 is not really in love with sitting in back anymore.

I also have a Valco twin, but it's a bit big for travel and shoving in the car all time.

What would be perfect at this point is a sit and stand style, but the only ones I've been able to try are horrible to push.

We had a Maclaren twin and I hate it. I have a bugaboo and a wheeled board, but DS1 is getting a bit tall for the frog. I'm almost ready to contemplate a cameleon just for that, but I don't love the bugaboo that much.

Any ideas?

WatchingThemGrow
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Gosh, I was just saying tonight how much we're loving our Bugaboo. DD needed straps for the past year, and we've gotten good use out of our BJCED. Recently, I haven't felt like getting it in/out of the car (pg related exhaustion), so we've been using the Cameleon with the wheeled board. I put the seat on reversed, so the stander (DD) and the rider (DS) can face each other and crack up. We have such fun with it.

salsah
12-10-2008, 01:56 AM
the bjcmd is lightweight and easy to push -- with great canopies and an amazingly easy fold that is relatively compact.

WatchingThemGrow
12-10-2008, 09:21 AM
the bjcmd is lightweight and easy to push -- with great canopies and an amazingly easy fold that is relatively compact.

A lady told me her 3.5 yr old barely fits in it, so I'd check it out in person.