PDA

View Full Version : Ann Taylor Loft discontinuing maternity line

ilfaith
12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Yesterday I was in my local Ann Taylor Loft store picking up a few maternity items. I was told my a sales associate that the company was discontinuing its maternity line.

I was disappointed since their clothes actually fit me and seemed to be of somewhat better quality than other similarly priced lines.

The good news was that everything was 40% off.

I do notice that online not everything is available with the same discount...but I was told that after this season maternity would not be available online or in stores.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/department.jsp?N=1200121&categoryId=619

gatorsmom
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Yesterday I was in my local Ann Taylor Loft store picking up a few maternity items. I was told my a sales associate that the company was discontinuing its maternity line.

I was disappointed since their clothes actually fit me and seemed to be of somewhat better quality than other similarly priced lines.

The good news was that everything was 40% off.

I do notice that online not everything is available with the same discount...but I was told that after this season maternity would not be available online or in stores.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/department.jsp?N=1200121&categoryId=619

Wasn't this a new line anyway? I have always loved ATL and shopped there quite a bit right up until this past spring when they pulled their store out of our local mall. I haven't been in an ATL since then. I know it was sometime after they left that I heard about the maternity line. It seems that they were just trying to see how well the line would do.

ilfaith
12-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I think the maternity line came out just after I had my two-year-old. Now that I'm pregnant again they're getting rid of it. I guess I didn't time things very well.

But there are bargains to be had...although sizes may be limited.

mommylamb
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh, I'm so disapointed! ATL came out with maternity just around the time DS was born, so I never got it, but always figured I'd buy some for the next pregnancy. It makes me think I should go out and get some now even though we won't try to have another baby for another year or two.

WatchingThemGrow
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Argh....I think I have to go there tonight and indulge. There's one with Maternity stock about 35 min. away. I think I have to do it. I currently have too many maternity returns for Gap, Old Navy, Mimi from Macy's, and probably somewhere else, and I'm not in love with any of them. DH is going to shriek in credit card terror, but he knows the pain I'm going through trying to get dressed every day and trying to squeeze into old worn out maternity clothes or keep the NWT ones from falling off.

Thanks for the heads up. I called to ask about how much for a pair of nice, not too dressy black pants and they said about $17.99. I can deal with that!

hellokitty
12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
If you like AT and ATL stuff and there is a Gabriel Brothers in your area (kind of like a Value City, you have to be in the mood to dig), you can often find really good deals thre. The closest AT and ATL are over an hr away from me, but I have lucked out and gotten many ATL and AT stuff at GB for $5-$10 per item. If they are discontinuing their maternity line, I guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled for deals at GB. ATL stuff is one of my favorite brands and their pants fit me better than any other brand out there.

gobadgers
12-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks OP for posting. I made the trek out to our area ATL which carries maternity (Woodfield mall in the Chicago area) and it totally made my day!

Everything is 50% off the marked price, and most things are marked down pretty rock-bottom by now. They had only two racks out on the floor, but while I was looking an associate came and asked me if there was anything specific that she could look for in the back. She came back with several pairs of great pants, sizes 6-8, and all $15 or under. WOW! I don't know how much more is back there, but the selection was much better than I was expecting.

I got a pair of cords and a pair of black pants, three tops and an Olian nursing pajama/robe/layette set for a grand total of $58 (after a 20% off coupon).

I have been floating through the rest of the day..

MaddiesMommy
12-27-2008, 11:26 PM
How do you know which stores carry maternity? I looked on their website and it's not included in the store locator search. I know the two close to me don't carry it. I guess I could call some that are a little further away.

WatchingThemGrow
12-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I'd call and ask - quickly. Your store may know of the closest one. Mine did. I was going to feel like a real dork if our store carried it and I've been in and out of maternity clothes for 3 years and didn't know about it.

gobadgers
12-29-2008, 12:25 PM
If you go into the Maternity section of the ATL website, there is still a link for store locations. I'm going to try to paste the link below, but I've never quite figured out how to do that correctly...

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/editorial.jsp?pageName=MaternityLocations&categoryId=619&pCategoryId=619

MaddiesMommy
01-01-2009, 11:41 PM
If you go into the Maternity section of the ATL website, there is still a link for store locations. I'm going to try to paste the link below, but I've never quite figured out how to do that correctly...

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/editorial.jsp?pageName=MaternityLocations&categoryId=619&pCategoryId=619

Oh, thank you! Very helpful!! There's one somewhat close. I should check it out ASAP.

ariesmomma
01-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I also LOVE ATL and get their email ads all the time. I am really upset to hear that they are discontinuing their maternity line....even though I am still in my first trimester, I went ahead and bought 2 pairs of pants online today for $14.99 each!! Regularly $70 pants that I can wear to work! And, I searched for a coupon code and got 20% off and free shipping...sizes were limited so check it out soon!

AnnieW625
01-13-2009, 05:25 PM
BUMMER because I was actually looking forward to checking this out. In my area they only kept in two stores in the entire state of California! (Tustin, and South Coast Plaza) so I bet it just didn't sell well because of the limited locations.

Ladybug47
01-15-2009, 06:08 PM
When I went to Ann Taylor Loft last Saturday, every item on the three racks of maternity clothes was $4.88, with an additional 25% off (so, $3.66 each)! They had jeans, khakis, corduroys, blouses, tank tops, sweaters, and a lot of styles of black pants (different kinds of waistbands). It was great!!

brigeet
01-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Just now reading this thread for the first time. I have an 8 month old. Planning on another in a few years but this makes me want to buy some stuff NOW! ATL had the best maternity tops and dresses! Gap was best for trousers and jeans though. I have some preggie friends who I hope still have time to buy some things...

Mommy_Mea
01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Just now reading this thread for the first time. I have an 8 month old. Planning on another in a few years but this makes me want to buy some stuff NOW! ATL had the best maternity tops and dresses! Gap was best for trousers and jeans though. I have some preggie friends who I hope still have time to buy some things...

Unfortunately, I think it is 100% gone at this point. It is completely off their website. I hit the two stores in my area about a month ago, and they had slim pickings at that point (but maybe they had more stock in hiding :-)

Wish I had gotten there when everything was $4.88!! I thought I scored when I got pants for $15! I would definitely call ahead to the stores to see if they have any stock left...

brigeet
01-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Unfortunately, I think it is 100% gone at this point. It is completely off their website. I hit the two stores in my area about a month ago, and they had slim pickings at that point (but maybe they had more stock in hiding :-)

Wish I had gotten there when everything was $4.88!! I thought I scored when I got pants for $15! I would definitely call ahead to the stores to see if they have any stock left...

Thanks for the info! So disappointing! Their stuff fit me the best in my last month when it seemed like nothing else fit. I was thinking of giving some of my old maternity clothes to a friend, but now I will definitely hold onto the old clothes for next time.