PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on Sandra Boynton Mom's Family Calendar?

Jajsmom
12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Just realized Jan. is almost here and in need of a new one. Any deals? TIA.

Fairy
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I can tell you what is NOT happening. It's NOT at Costco this year bundled with the desk calendar and the checkbook calendar insert. That is what I REALLY wanted. And I'm not thrilled about it. You can buy the regular and desk separately, but the checkbook calendar, which i desperately want, is nowhere that I've seen. The regular calendar now comes with a pouch at the bottom, tho, apparently. If anyone hears of a deal and/or if the checkbook calendar is out there, I'm watching this thread!

ETA --> BTW, I see you're brand new to the BBB. Welcome!

houseof3boys
12-10-2008, 02:23 PM
That's my calendar too. This will be my third year using it. I just love having two columns - one for me, one for the family!

I haven't seen any deals for it either so I am going to just order it from amazon and be done with it. :-)

ETA: Just realized you were talking about the desk calendar and not the daily planner. The planner is the one I use.

mjmamma
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I did see the regular calendar at Costco for $12ish but I got mine for $10 through the Scholastic Book Sales Flyer. I will look for the checkbook for you, but Fairy, I must say that I get a kick out of your signature every time I see one of your posts! I also regret tucking & wearing neon.

Fairy
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I did see the regular calendar at Costco for $12ish but I got mine for $10 through the Scholastic Book Sales Flyer. I will look for the checkbook for you, but Fairy, I must say that I get a kick out of your signature every time I see one of your posts! I also regret tucking & wearing neon.

Thank you!

Re: my tucking. Lemme tell ya, it doesn't stop there. I had big hair -- BIG -- for a good solid two years past when I should have. My problem is that once I love a trend, it's hard to let it go if it suits me. Oh, how I miss the tucking. and the big hair . . .

hellokitty
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Sam's had a bundle with the bday organizer too. I can't remember the price, like $12-14??? However, I also saw it at TJMaxx (can't remember if it was in the kids' books section or stationery section), just the calendar for a good price. Wish I would have just gotten the calendar, b/c I didn't really need the bday organizer. It's a really nice calendar. I believe they also had another very similar calendar (at TJMaxx), with the mutiple columns and stuff, I think it was that Madeleine Englebright (sorry, I think I butchered her name). So, that might be another option if you like the lay out of the boyton one, but want something less kid-like looking.

scrooks
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I use her Family Planner....anyone see that anywhere????

Jajsmom
12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks,I actually was a member but lost all of my old sign in info so had to re-register. Last year I got the calendar at Kohls.com for $3.xx . Maybe it was just after the beginning of the year. Can't remember, but they don't even have it on their site this year. Amazon has it for $10.XX. Maybe I'll wait till Jan. 1st and order when calendar's get marked down. I was just hoping there was a good deal like the one at Kohls last year.

I can tell you what is NOT happening. It's NOT at Costco this year bundled with the desk calendar and the checkbook calendar insert. That is what I REALLY wanted. And I'm not thrilled about it. You can buy the regular and desk separately, but the checkbook calendar, which i desperately want, is nowhere that I've seen. The regular calendar now comes with a pouch at the bottom, tho, apparently. If anyone hears of a deal and/or if the checkbook calendar is out there, I'm watching this thread!

ETA --> BTW, I see you're brand new to the BBB. Welcome!

miki
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I got my 2008 calendar from a Scholastic warehouse sale for $1.

green
12-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Borders have it for $12.99, and with the 40% off coupon, it is only $7.79.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40item1222.asp?cmpid=SA_20081222_NR

linsei
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Kohl's B&M... I did not look closely, because I didn't realize it was a hot item, but they had some type of mom calendar thing by her. It was 50% off and would be even better if you have a % off coupon. Maybe they have the calendar online also?

ray7694
12-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Check Scholastic Warehouse sales in your area. Great book deals.Ours was last week. I go every year as I am a librarian but they never check ids. If they ask state you volunteer during the sale at the school.

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/

Jajsmom
12-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes, I went to Kohls yesterday. They had it for $6.xx and I had a 30 % off coupon.

Kohl's B&M... I did not look closely, because I didn't realize it was a hot item, but they had some type of mom calendar thing by her. It was 50% off and would be even better if you have a % off coupon. Maybe they have the calendar online also?