PDA

View Full Version : holiday card dilemma...help!

sarahsthreads
12-11-2008, 12:29 AM
OK, so I used to work for Kodak. In another lifetime it feels like, pre-kids. But I still have good friends there, friends I send holiday cards to.

I just finally finished creating my holiday cards on Shutterfly...and just as I was about to checkout, I thought, "gee, maybe I should see what kind of paper they use?"

...and after much digging I figured out that they use Fuji paper.

But I love the cards. Love. Them. And I can't find an equivalent card on the Kodak Gallery. Not to mention that they're significantly less expensive - though hopefully not because they're much worse quality! But really, it's the design I was after. They say "Have yourself a merry little christmas" and have little ornaments on them, and are just perfect with the pictures of the kids I chose.

Should I just do it, and hope my friends don't notice? (Which they will, of course, because *I* still turn over pictures to look for "my" Kodak logo...)

Ack! What do I do?!?

Sarah
(who is probably over-thinking this and should just go to bed, but really wanted to get these ordered tonight!)

Jenny_A
12-11-2008, 12:37 AM
I would send them! I understand where you're coming from and you may get a comment or two from your old co-workers (in good humor, I'm sure!) but I would send the holiday cards you like the best! If anyone genuinely thinks negatively of you because of THAT then they've got bigger issues to deal with, kwim?

Jenny

WatchingThemGrow
12-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Just for laughs, on the cards for "those" friends, you should write "printed on Kodak paper" or make a sticker for the back or something.

sarahsthreads
12-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I would send them! I understand where you're coming from and you may get a comment or two from your old co-workers (in good humor, I'm sure!) but I would send the holiday cards you like the best! If anyone genuinely thinks negatively of you because of THAT then they've got bigger issues to deal with, kwim?
Oh, I don't think they'd really be mad at me, I was never "mad" at people who used Fuji film or paper, although we did joke at our wedding (we both worked for Kodak at the time) that any non-Kodak film would be confiscated. ;) I just feel sort of guilty...

Sarah :)

sarahsthreads
12-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Just for laughs, on the cards for "those" friends, you should write "printed on Kodak paper" or make a sticker for the back or something.
OK, that's pretty darn funny. I might have to do that. Or I could write "pretend this says 'Kodak' and turn it back over to look at my cute kids!"

MamaMolly
12-11-2008, 01:13 AM
OK, that's pretty darn funny. I might have to do that. Or I could write "pretend this says 'Kodak' and turn it back over to look at my cute kids!"

I like this! It takes the sting right out of it without ignoring it.

Melbel
12-11-2008, 08:46 AM
You could possibly order a small number of cards from Kodak to send to those friends. We get a small number of "holiday" vs. our primary Christmas cards to send to non-Christian friends to avoid offending anyone. It is an easy fix! ;)