PDA

View Full Version : PBK Numbers Trick - Personalized Frame Ornaments $3.99 Shipped

Melbel
12-11-2008, 09:04 AM
By using a 68 prefix, you can get personalized rectangular frame ornaments for only $3.99 shipped. I ordered a few for gifts with last names, and others for our tree with the years 2008 through 2012.

The item number is 68-6627756.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/ty260/index.cfm?clg=68&cm%5Fsrc=CQS&showsku=6627756&pkey=k68%2C6627756

lil_acorn
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
When I personalize it, it goes up to $8.

nrp
12-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Too bad - these were cute and I wanted to get one for DS this year to match DD's.

Ceepa
12-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Too bad - these were cute and I wanted to get one for DS this year to match DD's.

Many styles are still available if you scroll down.

nrp
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks! I totally missed that. I do that all the time on the PBK site. You'd think I'd remember...

Octobermommy
12-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks OP! I picked up several for gifts and a couple for us.

juggler00
12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks OP! I got several for us and some as gifts. The personalization was free for me. I am almost thinking I will go back and buy more... can't stop myself.

infocrazy
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks a lot!

kijip
12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks, I ordered 6 (4 silver leaf, 2 red) for gifts. ;)

mjmamma
12-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks MelBel..in for four!
Fyi..only the rectangle ones are $3.99 but they are free personalization & shipping, woohoo! Two of my children have more than 8 letters in their name so I had to go with nicknames which will look cute. Awesome deal, thanks!

all together ooky
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks! Got them for my kids.

momtoonegirl
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks OP! I bought one as well :)

brittone2
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting this! I hope it goes through. I ordered some personalized gifts for next year, and some frames for this year and future years for our own tree.

Great find :)

katrich
12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/ty215/index.cfm?clg=68&cm%5Fsrc=CQS&showsku=6415863&pkey=k68%2C6415863

THanks OP I got five ornaments too.

alien_host
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
thanks OP! I ordered a bunch for stocking stuffers and for our tree (Thanks for the tip on ordering future years!)

Dcclerk
12-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I got a bunch and am really excited about them :)

NewMom2007
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Ordered some for us and several for gifts. Thanks for the tip, OP!!

mom2aanda
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Thank you, OP! I ordered 9 for next year as gifts!

happy2bamom
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
thanks, just orderd some for this year and next!

xmasbabycomin
12-11-2008, 07:27 PM
and ebates for 3%

scored 8 personalized frames for $33.20 -3%
sweet.

Anyone think there's a chance they'll get here before next
Friday when school gets out? I know, probably not, but I know
I ordered some of the cheap-0 personalized treat bags a couple of
days before Halloween and they got here Halloween day
so... :D
his teacher will like it even after Christmas, anyway ;)

DrSally
12-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much! I used your idea and got 2 ornaments from 2008-2010 and then a few gifts!

jewamese
12-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Thank you!!!! I ordered 8 of them! :)

infocrazy
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I ordered a bunch for gifts but it doesn't look like they will make it for this weekend when we are celebrating with my Dad... :(

They still show as In Process. I wonder if they will get here by Christmas?

alien_host
12-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I ordered on the 11th and they are still in process, I'm guessing the personalization takes time???? I hope they come by Xmas Eve!

momtoonegirl
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I just received a shipping e-mail from PBK today, but the information in the UPS tracking system is not completely processed, so I don't know when it will arrive.

shoxie
12-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Mine actually arrived a few days ago (I ordered from a previous post, I think) - but I got no shipping notification or anything which was strange. They're really cute, and they came quickly.

katrich
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I used the 68 trick to get the reduced price.

Item Number 68-7032014

Katrich

LissaKay
12-17-2008, 08:09 PM
The 68 trick is working for some Christmas Stockings also. I looked at a reindeer one (68-6400709) and a santa one (68-6400717) and they went from $12.99 to $9.99. Didn't try the other styles.

christiedavid3
12-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I ordered 2 of the frame ornaments and received them a few days ago. They're really cute. Thanks OP!

xmasbabycomin
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
for those of you who have received them, how long did it take?

shoxie
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
for those of you who have received them, how long did it take?

I'd say a little over a week from the day I ordered...I live in the NYC area.

maiaann
12-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I ordered 2 ornaments on the 11th and it still says "in process" when I go to order inquiry. I just sent an email to customer service, asking when I can expect to receive them.

alien_host
12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I just called and they were able to confirm that my item has been packed but not shipped. They are "trying" to ensure I receive it before Christmas but unless it goes out today, it's probably not happening.

She also said that if for some reason it is "lost" or missing, then they could not replace the order b/c they are sold out. But they would refund my $ (of course).

Anyway it might be worth a phone call to see the status of your items.

Last year I ordered something and it kept saying "in process" for over a week, when I called, they had to call the warehouse to tell them to ship it (somehow it got stuck in limbo) and had I never called it probably wouldn't have gotten sent.

Octobermommy
12-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I just checked mine and it says "in process". I ordered pretty early also. Hmm, what to do.

If anyone else calls let us know what they say.

infocrazy
12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
I ordered on the 11th. I just received my shipping notice. It said estimated delivery time the 22nd. I looked it up and it is already in IL so I am REALLY hoping that I get it tomorrow for my dad but given the expected snow it is pretty unlikely.

elbenn
12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I placed an order on Dec. 13. I just called and they said it shows in process but also that it has an estimated delivery date of Dec. 22. Since it has an estimated delivery date, it has probably already shipped, but they haven't updated their shipping info.

brittone2
12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
nak-
never got a shipping notice but they arrived via UPS a few mins ago.

mommyapb
12-18-2008, 10:52 PM
FYI-

Advent House
68-8302796

Down to 44.99 from 128

Nutcracker Ornaments
68-6395511
$15.99 from $32.00

HTH
Amelia

DD 3/06
DS due 3/09

alien_host
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
man I jumped on the advent house too soon, I could have saved $8 shipping, although it did arrive last night....

alien_host
12-19-2008, 10:50 AM
oh and the website finally shows my frames shipped...I ordered on the 11th, it's shipping "3 day select" so with any luck I should have them xmas eve.

NewMom2007
12-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Ordered the ornaments on the 11th, they shipped out on the 19th. 3 day select, so will hopefully have them by Tuesday!

Octobermommy
12-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I finally got a shipping notice with tracking but it says an unforseeable event occurred and they don't know when it will be delivered. That does not sound good. Any bets on when it will actually arrive, if at all?

kayte
12-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I finally got a shipping notice with tracking but it says an unforseeable event occurred and they don't know when it will be delivered. That does not sound good. Any bets on when it will actually arrive, if at all?

That usually means ice and snow--so I bet it depends on the weather.

Octobermommy
12-21-2008, 02:18 PM
That usually means ice and snow--so I bet it depends on the weather.

The ice and snow is not around here for sure. It was 75 degrees yesterday : ) So it would have to be from around where it is shipping or in the path. Hmmm

Remy
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I ordered the silver ones but they showed up gold. Customer service was no help. They said they got lots of calls about it but all they are willing to do is let you have credit if you ship it back to them (at your cost). Seems like poor customer service to me especially since they admit to the misrepresentation. But they told me I was "lucky" they were offering to let me ship it back for credit.

ohiomom1121
12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I ordered the silver ones but they showed up gold. Customer service was no help. They said they got lots of calls about it but all they are willing to do is let you have credit if you ship it back to them (at your cost). Seems like poor customer service to me especially since they admit to the misrepresentation. But they told me I was "lucky" they were offering to let me ship it back for credit.
Oh no, mine should be here tomorrow but I definititely don't want gold!!! That's so disappointing.

Charlie
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I also ordered a silver one. I know it's supposed to be "brushed" but honestly, it just looks scratched. I'm not thrilled with it but for the price it's fine and it does looks cute with DS's picture in it.

mspersnickity
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Agreed - I wasn't really impressed with the silver finish. I ordered some red ones as well, and they look a lot nicer.

ohiomom1121
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
They were out of the red by the time I ordered them....wonder if they could be touched up with some silver paint?

brittone2
12-22-2008, 01:22 PM

OOOOH, that would make me angry! I got mine all in red, but misrepresenting and then acting like you should be thankful is a big retailer :nono: in my book. This is the very reason I don't like Amazon...a similar situation on a bigger ticket item.

Charlie
12-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah I had wanted the red but they were out by the time I ordered. Oh well!

all together ooky
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I didn't realize there have been so many problems. I got my red framed ornaments in less than a week. They look nice-bigger than I thought-but nice.

mattjamesmom
12-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I received my silver one and, as a previous poster stated, it did look scratched. I can see the bones of the frames were the paint is scratched off. It is ridiculous. I could have bought the same item at my dollar store. In the back it said "Made in China."

I have nothing against China but they have become synonymous with poor quality and I was greatly surprised that this item was a Pottery Barn item.

It's not worth it to ship it back since it would be the same as the credit, if any, that I would receive for it.

Just my experience and it just may be an anomaly.

I was just looking forward to the same quality I always get with Pottery Barn items.

Matt n James' Mom :(

alien_host
12-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sad to hear the silver ones look lousy...I ordered a mix of red and silver...now I really can't wait to see them.

I think everyone should complain if they are dissatisfied, even if you don't want to send them back in the end, maybe they will do something or the buyers will stop buying crappy stuff :(

alien_host
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I just looked at my e-mail to see what I did order and this was at the bottom:

At Pottery Barn Kids, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction is our priority. We carefully inspect your order prior to shipment; upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage. We will arrange for a prompt replacement. If, within 7 days for QuickShip upholstery or 30 days for all other products, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, final-sale or special-order items, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear.

bolding is mine...I think these are also final sale???? If I get them and they seem damaged, I'm still calling to complain!

ohiomom1121
12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I just looked at my e-mail to see what I did order and this was at the bottom:

bolding is mine...I think these are also final sale???? If I get them and they seem damaged, I'm still calling to complain!

I'm actually surprised to hear their customer service isn't helping. I ordered a monogrammed diaper bag that I thought wasn't done well, they replaced it and messed it up multiple times. I ended up with 4 diaper bags because they didn't want me to send any back. I gave them to people who just patched over or removed the monogram!!! They're usuallly really good about their customer service. I guess we'll see-I should be getting 3 silver ones tonight and will go from there.

ohiomom1121
12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, just got mine. I don't mind the frames-mine are definitely not gold which is very good. They are a brushed silver...the only thing I don't think is great is the personalization. It could have been a better font and color, but for $3.99 I'm happy and think they'll be cute on the tree!

momtoonegirl
12-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Just received mine today. I also ordered the silver, and they are indeed silver. When I look closely, there are a few fine scratches in the frame, but they are painted over, like they are part of the wood. I am not sure I would notice the scratches once it is among the other ornaments on the tree. I think that the picture inside will be the main focal point. :)

For the price, I am not unhappy with the product. Had I paid the original price and shipping, I may be somewhat upset.

I am sorry that others are experiencing problems with their orders. I hope that there is some positive resolution.

DrSally
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Just got mine today. Mine are silver. I was kinda hoping they'd turn out gold b/c my tree is gold and red, and I think gold "leaf" looks better than silver leaf (although I like silver in general better). I wish they would've had red, but they didn't by the time I ordered. For the price, free personalization, and free shipping, I think it's fine. If I would've pd. more I would've been upset. FWIW, I've seen very similar ornaments at Christmas Tree shops for $1.50 (which I have gotten in the past).

juggler00
12-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Mine look scratched (silver) which I could live with. The personalization on 2008 however is smudged which to me seems unacceptable.

keckert
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I was also very disappointed with the silver rectangular frames. They look very beat up, and not PBK quality. boo!

Jen841
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Mine are scratched. I requested monograms with 2008 (ex. ABD 2008) and got Abd 2008 (upper and lower case.) Really annoyed! Am I the only one?

JanBaby
12-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Got mine yesterday. They look junky. Also I requested "2009" on three of them to use as gifts for next year. Two came with it and one came without the matting at all! Boo.

Melbel
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I ordered a total of 10 silver frames b/c I initially heard that they were the better quality. Of the ones I opened (6 of 10), the frames were not perfect, but fine considering I received personalized items shipped for $4/each. You can return PBK online items to any PB or PBK B&M store. I would not hesitate to do so if there is any problem with the quality. I have already given 3 out as gifts (personalized w/ last names) and the recipients loved them. I am sorry so many of you are having problems!

Octobermommy
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought you could not return it if it was personalized. Is this still the case? Or are you saying if they are bad quality to return them.

My "exception" package says it is on the truck for delivery so we shall see.

Melbel
12-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I thought you could not return it if it was personalized. Is this still the case? Or are you saying if they are bad quality to return them.

It has always been my understanding that final sale/personalized items could still be returned if the product was damaged/defective. I would be quite surprised if they would not accept a promptly returned defective product.

maiaann
12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Mine are scratched. I requested monograms with 2008 (ex. ABD 2008) and got Abd 2008 (upper and lower case.) Really annoyed! Am I the only one?

The upper & lower case is the standard. I almost did my DC's initials until I read that. Here's the copy & paste:

Garamond
A beautiful serif font with an informal feel; for personalization with a name or word. Only the first letter will be capitalized.

alien_host
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM

I Would call...PBK will not know of these problems unless people start calling. Even if it doesn't get you anywhere, at least they are aware of the issue.

I haven't gotten mine yet so I can't call but I WILL BE calling if there is any issue. At least they will make a note that I was disatisfied and maybe next year they won't carry such crappy products.....

I encourge everyone who is dissatisfied to call, even if you don't plan on returning them. It shouldn't matter if it was $4 or $40, you were expecting to receive a quality product and didn't, IMO that's worth complaining about ;)

grins88
12-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I just got mine today. I also had the initials put on them and instead of SKW it was Skw. I remembered the thing about only the first letter being capitalized, but I figured if I specifically put it in as all caps it would maybe work. Mine are also VERY beat up and not cute at all. They're also bigger than I had pictured and the photo slot is not good for a wallet photo. I'm not very impressed at all. I think I will take them to my Pottery Barn store and try to return. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

NewMom2007
12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
My 18 just arrived...I am very disappointed with the quality - the silver are very scratched up, several have smudgy looking edges on the personalization and I was surprised to find that the reds I have opened so far have fine scratches. Overall, these are items I would be embarrassed to give as a gift.

The good news - I called PBK CS and the rep could not have been nicer. I explained the quality issue, she spoke with a supervisor and they are picking up the box of frames tomorrow for a return/refund.

While I'm bummed I can't give these out (they were such a great idea and thanks to the OP!), I'm thrilled they are coming to take them off my hands at no cost to me.

Now, on to the store to find some replacement stocking stuffers!

Octobermommy
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I just received mine. Even my red ones are beat up. There are hundreds of scratches on them. The silver ones have some areas where the paint is completely rubbed off. I wonder why on earth they would sell these. They should have been shipped off to their outlet store.

mom2aanda
12-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Just got all 9 of the silver ones today. Each one is scratched up. PB customer service is issuing credit and will be picking them up tomorrow. Even if they weren't scratched up, the quality of the frame and monogramming is surprisingly poor for PBK.

maiaann
12-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Mine still have not come, and I only ordered 2! I ordered on the 11th. After reading all these posts, I'm really nervous. I was going to use them as stocking stuffers for my girls, but at this rate I'm not only worried about the quality, but will they even be here before Christmas? I emailed CS, never got a reply...

alien_host
12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I just got mine an hour ago. The red one seem fine, the "silver" ones do seem more gold (3.5 year old DD called them gold) and are slightly scratched, but not horribly. They are larger than I expected (not sure they will hang on the tree great since they seem heavy).

I can't decide if I should keep them or call and return them..

Also is everyone's monograming a tan color? The on-line photos are gone and for some reason I was expecting red.

And it was a total PITA to open them all up!