PDA

View Full Version : Does this cookie spread sound okay?

LarsMal
12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I've decided with this major baking bug I've had that I'm going to bake some cookies/treats and take them to a few friends/neighbors.

I'm not worrying about allergies- two of them are allergy free and the other one said she and her husband will hide it from the kids!

I picked up some cute large cookie plates from Target today for 2.99. This is what I'm planning to do:

Mini black-bottom cupcakes
Chocolate chocolate chip cookies
Monster cookies (PB, oatmeal, M&M's, choc chips)
PB cookies with kisses

Is that too many similar things? I don't want to deal with sugar cookies b/c I don't want to spend time rolling dough out.

I guess I could do some of those snowball cookies instead or in addition to the above.

caleymama
12-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Umm, yeah it sounds okay! More than okay! Where's the drooling smiley when I need it? So nice of you to share your cookies.

bubbaray
12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Shall I PM you my address?? I'll make coffee/tea/hot chocolate, whatever you want if you bring me cookies! :)

MMMommy
12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I wish I was your neighbor!!!

JTsMom
12-11-2008, 07:33 PM
When are we supposed to show up to taste test them? I can't make a final decision without samples, but it sounds yummy to me!

Mamma2004
12-11-2008, 08:50 PM
May I be your friend?! The assortment sounds heavenly....and I would PAY for some right now!

Corie
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Julie,

I'll be watching my mailbox for my care package!! :)

pastrygirl
12-11-2008, 10:26 PM
That sounds good to me! And THANK YOU for reminding me about monster cookies! I had them for the first time last week at a cookie swap, but I couldn't remember what they were called and I didn't know the person that made them. Now I can look up a recipe! :)

Mamma2004
12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
That sounds good to me! And THANK YOU for reminding me about monster cookies! I had them for the first time last week at a cookie swap, but I couldn't remember what they were called and I didn't know the person that made them. Now I can look up a recipe! :)

Any of you care to share a tried and true Monster Cookie recipe? Mmmm

LarsMal
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I would LOVE to share my cookies with all of you!!! I don't even want to eat them, I just want to bake them!

Here is my favorite Monster Cookie recipe. (I leave the raisins out- who needs healthy raisins with all that other bad for you goodness?!?!)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/monster-cookies-recipe2/index.html

Corie
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Here is my favorite Monster Cookie recipe. (I leave the raisins out- who needs healthy raisins with all that other bad for you goodness?!?!)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/monster-cookies-recipe2/index.html

I've been making Monster Cookies since jr. high school. Maybe it's
a regional thing?