PDA

View Full Version : ISO Target Free Shipping Code

Staraglimmer
12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
They are offering free shipping on certain things, but I am looking for a general free shipping code. TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need to stay on budget, and shipping is killing me for out of town-ers!!!!!!

wellyes
12-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Target is really, really stingy when it comes to free shipping.

Wife_and_mommy
12-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll be up a creek. I remember them having free shipping frequently and recently did away with it due to all the $25 GC's they gave away. The shipping fees are beyond ridiculous.

Staraglimmer
12-11-2008, 11:11 PM
ok, thanks anyway. The shipping was as much as the gifts. Time to start over.
:irked:

Wife_and_mommy
12-11-2008, 11:56 PM
ok, thanks anyway. The shipping was as much as the gifts. Time to start over.
:irked:

I hear ya. The same happened to me. I went to b/m tonight and bought the gifts I'll wrap and ship for a fraction of what they wanted.

DietCokeLover
12-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Target's shipping has always been outrageous.

scoop22
12-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Target's shipping has always been outrageous.

and takes forever to ship and deliver!!!

ewan's mama
12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Has anyone noticed that they also charge tax on shipping? I noticed as I was checking out online, and saw that they placed the price of item, added the cost of shipping, and then added the cost of tax to the subtotal. I thought that was pretty shady. One should only have to pay for taxes on the item(s) purchased. I have never seen that at other online websites. Or do other companies to this as well?

citymama
12-12-2008, 06:57 PM
They are participating in www.freeshippingday.com (http://www.freeshippingday.com) on Dec 18 - FS on all items, if you can wait until then.

Snow mom
12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
They are participating in www.freeshippingday.com (http://www.freeshippingday.com) on Dec 18 - FS on all items, if you can wait until then.

I'm pretty certain it is free shipping on orders over $50 for Target and doesn't include everything. Here's what I found on their website:

Free Shipping on Purchases of $50 or More in Select Categories Through December 13, 2008

Offer available online only. Offer applies to purchases of $50 or more in the categories listed below based on merchandise subtotal. Merchandise subtotal based on each shipping destination. Look for the “free shipping with minimum purchase” logo on qualifying items. GiftCards, e-GiftCards, gift wrap, tax and shipping and handling charges will not be included in determining merchandise subtotal. Free shipping offer valid for standard shipping only to orders shipping within the contiguous United States. Items purchased from other categories are subject to shipping charges. Offer available at Target.com only and does not apply to partner businesses, personalized gifts or Amazon.com product purchases. Offer expires December 13, 2008.

Qualifying Categories:

Apparel
Shoes
Jewelry
Handbags and Accessories
Cosmetics and Fragrances
Luggage
Home Décor
Lighting

Don't ask me why it says "offer expires December 13, 2008."

~Lisa

ett
12-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Has anyone noticed that they also charge tax on shipping? I noticed as I was checking out online, and saw that they placed the price of item, added the cost of shipping, and then added the cost of tax to the subtotal. I thought that was pretty shady. One should only have to pay for taxes on the item(s) purchased. I have never seen that at other online websites. Or do other companies to this as well?

Here is their explanation on how they calculate tax.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_3/191-5477264-1036423?ie=UTF8&node=1041174

How things are taxed depends on the state. Some states will charge tax on shipping and handling. For example on Borders.com, there is tax on shipping and handling for the following states:

(from Border's website)
Shipping and Handling Tax Information:
Applicable sales taxes are added on charges for shipping and handling to:
AR, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV

3blackcats
12-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Look for the same icons on Amazon. The things I have found at Target.com I can order from Amazon and get free shipping. They are partners in some way.