PDA

View Full Version : Double SNG & Chicco KF 30

CO Mom123
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
We are expecting twins in a month and have received the Double Snap N Go (newest model from BRU) as well as two Chicco KeyFit 30's as gifts.

My husband went to put them together this am and is having trouble getting both seats to fit snugly.

I have searched across all forums (Yes, all 500 posts :wink2: ) and either people have the old model of the Double SNG, are using KF 22, or never posted specific instructions as to where to move the bars once they did figure it out :nodno:

As we all probably know, Baby Trend Customer Service says the KF's are incompatible, but based on this board this seems to be untrue.

Can anyone help with what bars need to removed/moved in order to make this work?

It would help us (and my husband's frustration level) immensely to get this figured out ASAP!

TIA!
Sara

AJP
12-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Congrats Sara! We have twin 4 month old girls and it is so fun! Just like you I rec'd the double snap n go and the keyfit 30's at my shower, and we couldn't get the seats to fit either! I found out here that the keyfits fit on the old model sng - the navy blue one. It was either return the seats or the sng. I promptly returned my shiny new sng and bought last years version on Craigslist for like $50. It works perfectly and I'm so glad I didn't change the seats...I LOVE the keyfits and hope you do to! Lots of new moms have stopped me to comment on how babies' heads were so straight and not slumped down. They made a great seat IMHO. Anyways, if you decide to find the old version on craigslist (ebay etc) make sure it is the navy blue one. The sng never really gets used and abused to badly since it is used for such a short period of time. You should be able to find one in great condition. You should be able to find out how to configure the bars by searching a post by me "AJP" or "sng" or just ask here. I can always just describe the bar setup for you.
Good luck with everything!!!!!

CO Mom123
12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your responses! As PP mentioned, We found the same thing to be true with the new version of the Double SNG. We needed to remove all the bars and the seats fit snugly with the straps, but do not snap in. It seemed to fit the best when we put the seat closest to the handle bars in first.

We probably would have returned the newer version of the SNG in order to buy one off Craigs List, but we were past the 90 days for BRU's new return policy. So, we are going to try this configuration out and see how it goes.

Happy Holidays!
Sara

reissgirl
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
My sister just had twins and is using the new SNG with the Keyfit 30s. We bought the old SNG from Craigslist and followed Sivan's instructions, but it didn't fit tightly without using the straps.

We rigged the SNG a bit by drilling some holes through the frame to install the bars where we really needed them. I will be seeing my sister in January and will try to take pictures then.