PDA

View Full Version : Double SNG & Chicco KF 30 - XP

CO Mom123
12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
We are expecting twins in a month and have received the Double Snap N Go (newest model from BRU) as well as two Chicco KeyFit 30's as gifts.

My husband went to put them together this am and is having trouble getting both seats to fit snugly.

I have searched across all forums (Yes, all 500 posts ) and either people have the old model of the Double SNG, are using KF 22, or never posted specific instructions as to where to move the bars once they did figure it out

As we all probably know, Baby Trend Customer Service says the KF's are incompatible, but based on this board this seems to be untrue.

Can anyone help with what bars need to removed/moved in order to make this work?

It would help us (and my husband's frustration level) immensely to get this figured out ASAP!

TIA!
Sara

caheinz
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM
How snug are you trying to fit them? We're using the DSNG with SafeSeats, and usually just put the seat in until it clicks. They could move around (tilt, if someone pushed the seat), but they can't possibly fall out.

AJP
12-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Sara, I replied to your post on the stroller board but want to add something. The keyfits will not snap into the double sng, (the older version) they just sit on top of the bars. If you look at the bottom of the seat you'll see why. They do however have a very snug fit and then you just attach the straps over the seats.
G/L
AJ

CO Mom123
12-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your responses! As PP mentioned, We found the same thing to be true with the new version of the Double SNG. We needed to remove all the bars and the seats fit snugly with the straps, but do not snap in. It seemed to fit the best when we put the seat closest to the handle bars in first.

Sara