PDA

View Full Version : FREE SHIPPING DAY December 18

amldaley
12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
FREE SHIPPING at tons of great stores on December 18 only...

http://www.freeshippingday.com/

amldaley
12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Just a reminder....tomorrow is FREE SHIPPING DAY...a day when a whole list of retailers offer free shipping and most will gaurantee delivery by Dec 24...

Melaine
12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks, I never heard of this. That's a lot of etailers, too!

alien_host
12-17-2008, 10:46 PM
does it mean free shipping w/ no minimum or would you have to perhaps spend a min. amount? I'm thinking about Kohl's, who right now has FS over $75.

ett
12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
does it mean free shipping w/ no minimum or would you have to perhaps spend a min. amount? I'm thinking about Kohl's, who right now has FS over $75.

I've lost the link where I read this but the writer was speculating that the store would only have to offer any kind of free shipping promotion. So there could be minimum spending amounts or excluded items. So many stores are already offering free shipping promotions already so it could be not so different from what we're getting already. But again it was total speculation.

amldaley
12-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Yes, like anything, they are not ALL "great" deals....for example, Zappos is listed and they are always free shipping.

If you click on the icon for the store, it tells you the specifics for that store and their free shipping. Some will likely be minimum purchase...yes, many are free shipping right now. But there are still some great opportunities and worth checking in to.

ett
12-18-2008, 09:49 AM
PBK has free shipping no minimum today on all in stock items, and I don't think they're on the list, unless I missed it.

shoxie
12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
PBK has free shipping no minimum today on all in stock items, and I don't think they're on the list, unless I missed it.

Yes, this is great; I got the e-mail this am. However, I'm trying to buy a monogrammed beer mug for my DH and am still getting charged for shipping. I can't find any details on the promotion other than "in-stock items only." Do you think that it wouldn't apply to monogrammed items? I may call them and see, I guess.

shoxie
12-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I just called and asked about the item I'm ordering - apparently if it ships directly from the manufacturer, it is NOT included in this promo. Oh well. On the PB Kids website, SDers are posting that there's a glitch and the shipping is not coming off but will be credited back to your account.

I'd just be careful to make sure that whatever you buy will definitely qualify for the free shipping...