PDA

View Full Version : laugh & learn home

sste
12-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Is this HUGE hunk of plastic really worth it? Space is limited in my condo . . . but this thing seems like one year old nirvana. For those of you with this, was it worth the space it sucks up?

Neatfreak
12-12-2008, 08:17 PM
My DD got one for her 1st b-day and it's still popular at playdates, a few years later. So yes, in our home it was worth it.

neeleymartin
12-12-2008, 08:30 PM
i second that. my ds, 18 months old, loves his. it get's daily play. a teacher i work with recommended it, she has two boys oldest is four. they play daily as well.

well worth the space it takes up, which is really not that much. we live in a small ranch, which i bet has a similar sq footage to you.

WatchingThemGrow
12-12-2008, 08:42 PM
The horizontal square footage isn't that much compared to another toy that could be strewn around and needs to be picked up daily. Honestly, I can't think of another toy in our whole house (and we have A LOT!) that gets near as much play.

It is a kid magnet. Just hide the balls and mail every so often. They scatter easily. Check craigslist for a used one. We got ours 2 years ago for $25.

KrisM
12-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Worth it. It doesn't take up too much floor space. A lot is air space.

We've had it 4 years and it still gets played with. Easily, it's the best baby/toddler toy we ever got. Great for more kids to play, too.

Our previous house was small. We put it agains the wall and would flip sides every couple of days.

lisams
12-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I really dislike big plastic toys, but this has been a huge hit for both of my children. What I really like is they can play together (it's hard to find toys that they both enjoy playing with at the same time together). It is kind of big, but you can put it up against a wall when not using it. I got ours at a second hand store for like $10 and then ordered the smaller pieces that go with it from fisher price (they were missing) for like $7. I'd really recommend checking a children's second hand store, there were three at the store when I got ours.

fivi2
12-12-2008, 09:29 PM
My girls loved it also.

caheinz
12-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Yep. Lots of play value. Ours in the garage for a while, and DS1 beelines to play with it when he's allowed in there.

It'll probably come out in the late summer, or maybe for the twins' birthday...

The Review Mommy
12-13-2008, 01:10 AM
ditto...MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they were on craigslist all the time but i spotted one at a baby resale shop and scored it for $25. the craigslist adds were about $35-40 with missing pieces.

we got ours when the twins were 4 months-they are 15 months now. tons of "things" have come and gone from our home but we still need ours very much.

MommyAllison
12-13-2008, 03:01 AM
I guess I'm the lone voice of dissent. We took ours back to live at MIL's house (she gave it to us) because I really didn't care for it, and DD hasn't missed it, and never plays with it there either.

JTsMom
12-13-2008, 10:10 AM
DS still plays with his at 3.5. It is a huge hunk of plastic, but I still think it's worth it.

hellokitty
12-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, it is a huge piece of plastic, but my kids have played with it for YEARS! Totally worth it, esp if you have more than one child. Even my 4 yr old still plays with it.

scrooks
12-13-2008, 03:21 PM
We love it too. Got it for $12 at a gargage sale without the accessories and just ordered them from the fisher price site.

Tinkerbell313
12-14-2008, 12:13 AM
DS loved it...we bought it when it first came out and only paid $30 for it brand new. It got so much play. We have since donated it to our child care center and the children and the teachers adore it.