PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide which Maclaren to get

wolverine2
12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Triumph vs. Quest. Love the colors on the Triumph options (looking for deals on e-bay). Not so crazy about the Quest ones, but like the legrest option. Or do I need that? It will be the primary stroller for my 12 mo. old. He's currently in a Zooper Waltz that is getting too old. The color options for the Quest are the charcoal/orange mod (not sure I like the pattern- would prefer plain) or the black mod (better, but still a pattern, and not sure I like black (does it fade?), and it's more $). From there, the price goes up and it gets so much more than a Triumph that I think I should just get one of those.

So, is the Triumph adequate and I can get a color I like for cheap? Or do I really want a Quest even though I don't love the color choices. (Still a pretty good deal).

I can't decide!!

clb
12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
I ended up buying a 07 Black Mod quest this past spring off of ebay. For me it was either this or a navy triumph. The eBay prices were great at the time since it was an older model.

We do use the leg rest, but I went with the quest over the triumph since it reclines more. I started to use the quest when DS was 8mos. He is now 14mos and never sleeps in the stroller. I could do without the quest’s recline at this point.

Does your 12mo nap in the stroller? If so, I think the quest would be better. If not, I would get the triumph.

WatchingThemGrow
12-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Our 12 mo old napped in the Triumph this week w/o an issue. He was happy to do it. DD has napped in it too over the years. I don't have a Quest for comparison, but I'd advise to get a color you like. You'll likely have this one for years and you'll look at it a lot if it is your every day stroller.

You know you can order a BabyTrend snack tray for it and a Mac Universal Organizer that make it more "full-featured" right? We still haven't used the snack tray yet b/c we use a snack trap and a drink deputy, but it is an option.

wolverine2
12-13-2008, 09:29 AM
DS rarely sleeps in the stroller, and we haven't actually used our recline in a while, so I'm not as concerned about that as I am wondering if I'll use the foot thing? And will the seat depth difference matter?

clb
12-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I would get the triumph then. Haven't compared, but I didn't think there was a difference in the depth... usually see older toddlers in the triumphs.

We use the footrest, but I wouldn't miss it. It isn't all that big and is supposed to be pushed back before the stroller is folded. The first few times I didn't pull the foot rest out, DS enjoyed swinging his legs. He is fine with or without it.

mecawa
12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
We have a Triumph which we bought when DD#1 was 12 months, we still have it and she is 4 yrs old. I was going between the Quest and Triumph back then too and the reason we chose the Triumph was because the only real difference I could see was the leg rest. My DD's legs were to long for the leg rest at 12 months so that helped me in making my decision to get the Triuimph. My DD also very rarely slept in a stroller so a bigger recline wasn't really needed. The Triumph recline was all she ever really needed if she did need to nap. It might help if you can get to a store that carries both and try your child out in both and see which one more suits your needs, that's what we did.

wolverine2
12-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, now I think the Triumph would be adequate, but I waited so long to decide that now the cheaper Triumphs I was looking at are gone. So I think I'll get the black mod Quest since it's the same price as the Triumph now. Does anyone have issues with the black fading?

Thanks,

lorinick
12-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, now I think the Triumph would be adequate, but I waited so long to decide that now the cheaper Triumphs I was looking at are gone. So I think I'll get the black mod Quest since it's the same price as the Triumph now. Does anyone have issues with the black fading?

Thanks,

Unsure the black would fade. But I think it would get really hot outside.

wolverine2
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Unsure the black would fade. But I think it would get really hot outside.

Hmmm... good point. Does anyone have a black one and can speak to this? Maybe while I'm still deciding a cheaper triumph will reappear...

mecawa
12-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't have a black Quest but we did have a black Mac Global with DD#1 when she was a baby and I never had problems with it fading or with it getting too hot. It may depend on what the climate is like where you live though, we live in the NE and right on the coast, so it wasn't really an issue. I liked the black, I have a red Triumph and that color looks good too and hasn't faded but the dirt shows up a little more.

clb
12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I have a black quest. Haven't had an issue with the fabric getting too hot or with fading.
I have only had it since May so it might be too new for it to start to fade.