PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Palm Centro-anyone have one?

purpleeyes
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Can anyone tell me about their Palm Centro? Any thoughts appreciated!

TIA!

rebeccaravit
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I recently got one and I love it. I do not have a data plan. I just use it as a phone and an organizer. I've had a Palm Pilot for years, so this was very easy to get used to. Any specific questions you have?

WatchingThemGrow
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I want to know if you can sync it with Google Calendar or Documents w/o having the data plan.

My mom doesn't know b/c she has the data plan with hers and doesn't use GC. She also rides around in her new Camry w/Bluetooth where as long as her phone is IN the car, she can just dial from her steering wheel and talk hands-free. It is hilarious that she has more technology than any of us.

jerseygirl
12-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I was looking at that one too but ended up with a treo 755p. I think the screen has a better resolution and there are some other features too, but what sold me was the "bigger" keyboard.

niccig
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I was looking at the Centro and there were some reviews about the phone buttons sticking/the phone freezing and you had to take the battery out to reset. DH had this problem with an older Treo and he tossed it because he was so frustrated.

I was looking at a centro, if you don't have this problem, can you let me know. Thanks.

purpleeyes
12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I had the palm pilot, too which is why this phone looks so good to me. If you want the internet, you need the data plan, right? And it has all the features of a palm, right? You can sync with the computer?
I was wondering the battery and the keyboard. I had read that people had problems with them.

Thanks!!

srhs
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I was looking at the Centro and there were some reviews about the phone buttons sticking/the phone freezing and you had to take the battery out to reset. DH had this problem with an older Treo and he tossed it because he was so frustrated.

I was looking at a centro, if you don't have this problem, can you let me know. Thanks.

t1h--
I've never had that problem...have had 9 months.
Biggest complaint...people can't hear/understand me on speaker. :irked: I need speaker w squirmy babe in hand!
AND that the blue and green weren't out when I got mine!

infomama
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I am thinking of getting this phone so I did a lot of research on it. Here are three informative reviews.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9514/palm-centro-review/
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/13/palm-centro-review/
http://www.everythingcentro.com/palm-centro-review/

Zansu
12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
You can access the Web even without a data plan, as long as your provider offers a pay as you go option (I have Verizon).

If I need to use Google Maps or check my email or check in for a flight, I just use the web browser.

The Centro works just like a Palm Pilot, syncs to the computer, etc.

I have the 650 and have to take the battery out when I try to make a call as I'm receiving a text. But that's the only problem I've ever had.